The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Wrestling fans: "I can't wait to support this new company!"

AEW: "Okay, just pay a quid an episode or watch our free viewing!"

Wrestling fans: "Fuck you, losers, I'll stream it. Don't you realise how much I want to watch it?"

AEW: "If more people watch, we'll probably get a better timeslot!"

Wrestling fans: "Ha, losers. Anyone got a stream link?"

Edited by Chris B

Everyone wanted it live so they could record it and watch the next day without ads. Surely thats the main gripe? It's certainly what I was hoping for.

The best result for AEW would be an as-live rebroadcast on ITV4 from 9pm on Thursday night. Surely that's Khan's main goal. 

12 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Everyone wanted it live so they could record it and watch the next day without ads. Surely thats the main gripe? It's certainly what I was hoping for.

The best result for AEW would be an as-live rebroadcast on ITV4 from 9pm on Thursday night. Surely that's Khan's main goal. 

But that would mean that Death Wish 4 or Crimson Tide would lose its weekly repeat.

I’m joking of course, ideally a day delay would’ve been great, but £1 a week for the subscription service if your that desperate to watch it live, is as good as a deal as any

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

Wrestling fans: "Fuck you, losers, I'll stream it. Don't you realise how much I want to watch it?"

Just don't admit on UKFF you're streaming and it'll be OK. ☺️😎

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

WE DESERVE IT

WE DESERVE IT

38 minutes ago, Worthits said:

I mean I wanted to watch the product on TV without edits or cuts, and I dont want to pay for Fite, so I guess I won't be watching.

Fite is a free app, you're paying £1 per episode where you can watch it ad free directly on your television.  We had the attitude era, the pg era and now we seem to be living in the entitled era!

Edited by Bohan

27 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Fite is a free app, you're paying £1 per episode where you can watch it ad free directly on your television.  We had the attitude era, the pg era and now we seem to be living in the entitled era!

That's my new stable name!

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Bohan said:

TBH its a common trend these days that people have lost the correlation between needing to support a brand financially if you're a big fan of it and want it to thrive.

Personally I'm casual enough to just set AEW on series link and skim through it on fast forward, but realise there's probably enough of a hardcore fanbase that the dangling carrot of a small fee to watch it live or soon thereafter is probably enough to make it financially worthwhile. The AEW fanbase has probably been "sucked in" by the bells and whistles that it will work.

But it always used to make me laugh when TNA/Impact "hardcore fans" used to rush to post whole PPV's on Facebook fan groups etc, totally missing the point that the reason that PPV buyrates were so pitifully low was because the only people you were expecting to actually buy the show were just ripping it for free anyway.

Generally, the internet has caused a culture where the end consumer expects everything to be free.

Working in journalism I'm very aware of the fact that everyone expects news to be a free commodity these days whereas, with the exception of the BBC, all the outlets need income streams to stay alive. 

Edited by garynysmon

I'm not going to pay for Fite TV, cheap though it is. I'm a traditional viewer. I only fairly recently bothered with netflix, and thats because it's a simple button on my remote for my smart tv.

as I said previously, I probably will skyplus the sunday morning showing, but it will be heavily edited to fit the timeslot, and I'll know the spoilers by then. so it takes away a fair bit. I'd love a Thursday night showing. even if it's at stupid o clock, aslong as it's not heavily censored and I can skyplus it or get it from on demand, that'd far better.

Wrestling promotions think wrestling fans have alot of money to get these services. Plus why should we pay when fans in America and Canada don't have to, even the problem with not showing Fyter Fest and Fight For The Fallen has left a bad taste in my mouth of the promotion. How hard is it to find a UK charity where the money from PPV buys could go and support