The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, chelsea2298 said:

The same Jimmy Havoc who was a major part in the resurgence of British Wrestling and was also part of one of the best story-lines in wrestling in general in the last few years? 

Yeah, doesn't sound too bad to me! 

Hi Jimmy 👋 

37 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Hi Jimmy 👋 

Haha not at all. But I genuinely don't understand peoples issue with him? 

Decent Character, Good Promo, Can have decent normal matches along with the hardcore stuff. 

I'd much rather watch him than the rumored Jack Swagger appearance.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

But he can shout WE THE PEOPLE really loudly.

Not that I'm particularly confident in his ability to pull it off, but he may have an extra arrow to his bow now that he's got something of an MMA career going recently with Bellator, and the modicum of publicity that comes with it. He's also got some real-life heel heat for holding on to his winning submission for too long in his last fight.

In a related vein, seeing as he's available, I'd like to see Dutch Mantel either in AEW or NWA (he'd probably suit NWA better, to be fair).

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, chelsea2298 said:

Haha not at all. But I genuinely don't understand peoples issue with him? 

Decent Character, Good Promo, Can have decent normal matches along with the hardcore stuff. 

I'd much rather watch him than the rumored Jack Swagger appearance.

Yeah that comparison isn't really doing your point any favours. Personally, I don't mind JH but he's way below on the list of independent wrestlers that I'd want to see shine in AEW.

• Paid Members

I don't think Havoc will ever be anything more than a midcard hand for them, and I think that's the right spot - not everyone is going to be main eventing, they need a fleshed out undercard as well. He's got a fantastic mind for wrestling, though - I've seen him give the sort of feedback that really gives people the "lightbulb moment" they need to make something click, or to bring things into focus, and I've known him to spend a lot of time with newer talent offering advice for no real gain of his own. If they can make use of that side of him, he's a worthwhile signing for any company.