The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Good news about the TV changing.

And it's not crybabies getting their way, it's about listening to fan feedback and responding to it.

From my point of view, they'd lost a potential fan.  Other than tonight, I'm not interested enough to find a live stream to watch it live and I'm not going to bother doing that to not watch it live.  But, I would have (other than tonight) done my best to avoid spoilers to watch it on TV tomorrow night, or otherwise, recorded the live showing and watch it tomorrow evening, which 7pm on demand is fine.  Sunday though....am or pm, I just wouldn't bother.  By Sunday, there's no way I'm going to avoided spoilers that long and I don't care to watch it if I already know what's going to happen.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I’d stay up to watch Cody vs Swagger in a lisp on a pole match live.

I wouldn’t pay the quid though.

A thingle, tholitary quid?

20 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Having watched pretty much zero wrestling since mania, i have chosen this week to try and get back into it, just watching the countdown to dynamite show to get a feel for AEW, and so far it looks like its going to be decent and has got me excited. 

Who does the commentary? 

i am glad its on "normal" TV, it means my 89 year old casual wrestling fan nan can watch it!

You mean she’s not paying for Fite TV to watch it? What a skinflint.

• Paid Members

I'll chip in on that too. Havoc/Ospreay practically cemented PROGRESS, and PROGRESS did a lot of heavy lifting in giving BritWres a much needed refresh.

I still think JH would be better suited to a backstage role though, maybe coming in once in a while to lose to the big bad or rising star, and put on the occasional hardcore match.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I'd disagree there. PROGRESS doesn't get where it is today without the Havoc/Ospreay feud.

M'eh, that's PROGRESS. British wrestling as a whole was doing just fine before then and that was down to a lot of other people.
I'm sorry but when people talk about the resurgence of British wrestling they won't be talking about Jimmy fucking Havoc.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

M'eh, that's PROGRESS. British wrestling as a whole was doing just fine before then and that was down to a lot of other people.
I'm sorry but when people talk about the resurgence of British wrestling they won't be talking about Jimmy fucking Havoc.

I'm sure SBA has me on ignore but I'm highlighting the parts here that are laughably wrong.

Like it or not, Progress and the Havoc/Ospreay saga are a massive reason why the UK scene exploded like it did.