The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, King Coconut said:

How was Punk? 

It was weird, he kept banging on about the Jay and Silent Bob movie? 

Thought this was fine, but can only echo the dismay at Jack Hager. He's such a scrub, with one gormless facial expression. It's honestly hard to think of someone at level that's worse. 

It was a solid show, nothing spectacular or anything but the chaos in the main event was more of what we need. I don't mind Hager, it's just his mic work that I'm not huge on but at least he's a bit different to what they've got.

They do need more angles and stories in the future though, because there's enough good wrestling out there.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Ignoring Richard's usual bollocks - I'm not sure AEW should be taking that stuff into account when hiring workers. Surely there is a place for personal opinion if it doesn't cross the line? The flip side is while Jake Hager can think what he likes but he's going to work for a company who openly promote gay and transgender wrestlers and he's going to have to lump it because he's a dinosaur.

And they already had one of those on the roster

D7sk_ETW4AAFTJ8?format=jpg&name=small

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, MPDTT said:

I'd have liked it if they just ended the match clean or had Britt Baker do the run in as she was on commentary. 

That would've been difficult considering how live TV seemed to leave Baker frozen in fear. If I didn't know better I'd imagine she was still sitting there with that deer-in-the-headlights look, commentators doing everything they can to nudge a bit of personality out of her.

Tony Khan was on Wade Keller's podcast the other day saying he hates the invisible camera, we'll never see it in AEW, and they'll always have a reason for the camera being there when they shoot angles. That's all well and good but you've got to get a bit of creativity or subtlety about it, Tony. Don't do two identical angles on the first show where announcers try and interview winners after their match only for it to be interrupted by attackers. Also, do at least one or two interviews where attacks don't occur, to set the idea up.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

found it pretty meh. Jericho is looking awful and why is he leading a stable in 2019?

Why did Triple H and Ric Flair lead a stable in 2003? To build heat and give new guys a rub, of course.

For the record, I thought shaving off his beard made Jericho look ten years younger. He more than anyone looked to be having the time of his life, too.

The real winner of week one of the Wednesday Night Wars though? This kid cosplaying as Orange Cassidy!

DC7B3F27-9331-4104-95F6-ADCCED1F47A2.thumb.jpeg.e49a2092d76ab284fde14f0c7bed45f4.jpeg