The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

32 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Or, to put it another way, a 'bunch of developmental guys' came close to the same ratings as AEW.... ;) 

I would say they're "developmental guys". Didn't HHH suggest it's now the "third brand"? Guys like Finn Balor are surely not being labelled "developmental"? 

8 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

1.4 million. Fucking hell thats good. 

Great number but the litmus test is in 6-8 weeks when the shine is off the new toy.

interesting who nxt bring down to their roster next week now to counter aew though 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

1.4 million. Fucking hell thats good. 

It is good but I still can't help feel that AEW v WWE is hardly a level playing field when you're pitching AEW's big budget main show against what is the WWE's, what, third most important?

In fairness, it would be a fair accusation to call me old fashioned and that NXT has developed a lot over the years.

I saw this on Twitter last night, but as a lapsed fan of many years, I knew who all those are on the right but not a clue who re: those on the NXT side. 

71531904_2382746168650918_9005085795823910912_n.jpg

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

It is good but I still can't help feel that AEW v WWE is hardly a level playing field when you're pitching AEW's big budget main show against what is the WWE's, what, third most important?

It's a decade old brand, known for great matches and great talent being pushed by a company with millions of TV viewers twice a week a social reach of billions. It's not just some underdog.

• Paid Members

The rating means less than the demos do on this occassion. They killed NXT in the 18-34s. That's a worry for them. How do they get younger fans to watch NXT? What on that show inspires you? They'll have to go into arenas and get some stars and proper storylines on this show eventually.  Let's not get carried away, because Fox, the Saudi deal, Raw, the Network and loads of other shite is a priority over NXT, but its a bad look seeing Jack Swagger fuck over your regulars.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

It's so nostalgic to be talking about a ratings battle again!

1.4m is outstanding  - but as said previously, the measuring stick is where we are in 4-6 weeks. Still, you have to tilt your hat to what Tony Khan and The Elite have done since the announcement back in Vegas. 

4 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

It's so nostalgic to be talking about a ratings battle again!

1.4m is outstanding  - but as said previously, the measuring stick is where we are in 4-6 weeks. Still, you have to tilt your hat to what Tony Khan and The Elite have done since the announcement back in Vegas. 

c48.jpg

19 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They'll have to go into arenas and get some stars and proper storylines on this show eventually. 

I don't think they will, or they shouldn't.  It's their 3rd brand, it's their underground rebel show.  The whole point of NXT is that it's full of bright young stars and a smaller, more intimate feeling product than the main shows.  AEW is clearly designed to compete with Raw and Smackdown, but NXT shouldn't compete with AEW.