The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Really enjoyed this show. A few hours of easy watching, nothing mind-blowing but a solid wrestling show with little nonsense and decent action. I think they set the main event scene perfectly. They have opened up so many fresh matches ft. Jericho, Hager, Ortiz, Santana and Guavara vs Bucks, Dustin and Cody Rhodes and Omega plus the added side-show of Moxley. They could easily drag out this faction feud for months and months before a few turns here and there. You potentially have 20+ singles matches in various combinations and that doesn't include an array of tag and multi-man matches. I also like the fact that Omega was taken out of the main event early as I don't believe over exposure is the way to go with the bigger names. 

I liked the opener. That could be a nice little feud. Riho is paper thin, its painful. I am unsure if she is the right champion for the first. Nothing she did looked like it hurt in any way. The tag title scene looks decent, I love a good tournament and if they make it prestigious then all the better. I have a fear Page will get lost in the shuffle, he doesn't scream 'charisma' and I'm unsure whether I should like him or not. PAC is PAC, solid but never been a huge fan. MJF is going places. 

I really wish they would bring Salina De La Renta in from MLW to manage Penta and Fenix. She could have some cracking verbal jousts with MJF and others and she could bring some Luchas in to add a bit more variety and spice. Its a shame they have the likes of Cassidy and that skinny fuck (can't remember his name) on the roster when there are others that could benefit from the exposure (Mexican and Japanese). 

All in all I liked it. Definitely will tune in to see what happens next. I liked the chaos at the end, made for a different feel to the WWE. Even when WWE do a pull apart/brawling final angle it never feels 'real' but AEW really pulled off a nice vibe. 

In short, steer clear from unathletic guys and skinny, twiglet women and use the platform for lesser name talent that can bring 'wow' to the weeklies. 

10 minutes ago, Loki said:

I don't think they will, or they shouldn't.  It's their 3rd brand, it's their underground rebel show.  The whole point of NXT is that it's full of bright young stars and a smaller, more intimate feeling product than the main shows.  AEW is clearly designed to compete with Raw and Smackdown, but NXT shouldn't compete with AEW.

Yeah, not when USA are pumping $50 million dollars into the pot annually for it. WWE aren't going to rest on their laurels with this.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I hope Brandon Sutter is as well.

I’m now watching via You Tube as the ITV version is so cut. First time seeing him and it’s like seeing Paul Robinson’s older brother (Not the one from Neighbours)

6 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Hearing about these edits, I can’t even keep track any more. We need to know.

Do ITV deserve wrestling or not?

Text YES or NO to this premium number and tune in to the Sunday Night Results Show to find out!!!

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Doog said:

The ITV Hub one seems to be the cut down edited version they’ll be airing on Sunday morning on ITV4 by the looks of it so all being well tomorrow nights airing at 11:20 will be the full unedited version.

They've kept the chair spot in during the women's match and the glass table spot during the main event. I can't see them keeping those in for Sunday morning viewing...although I've got no idea of the rules for that time in the morning :)

Edited by Kamran

5 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

You are right! 

Surely agreeing with a short comment is what his "like button" is for? (if anyone agrees with me, please feel free to hit my like button, rather than add further comment to my petty observation :D).