The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

Isn't it going to be on ITV 4 or am I dreaming?

That's what everyone presumed, but apparently no deal has been signed yet.

The Bucks were on Talksport last week and said they were in "negotiations" with someone to start airing the TV show, but that it might not be in place for the first few weeks of the show.

• Paid Members

nothing's confirmed. Previously discussed in the thread that the Young Bucks confirmed discussion is ongoing. If Sky get it, it likely won't start until Jan because of WWE. ITV i think are still favourites due to PPV (insert spiderman gif for me and THOOS)

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

A lot of people are going overboard about how AEW is going to do, but if there is one thing that it would be fair to say they'll probably have down, it's getting all the organisational and infrastructural stuff right. I don't imagine a legit businessman like Khan going into this sort of thing half-cocked, especially with the resources, time, and effort that he's put in so far. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have a TV deal with a major channel, or at least one with a decent viewership, sorted out in short order.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd be very surprised if they didn't have a TV deal with a major channel, or at least one with a decent viewership, sorted out in short order.

They should have one sorted out by now. Their new weekly show starts in a couple of weeks time and they still don't have a broadcast partner in a country they want to heavily target and tour. Additionally, they haven't even been able to confirm a spot with a network that has been heavily promoting them and hosted their PPV on their own PPV channel. It's a piss poor effort to be scrambling around at the last minute.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

They should have one sorted out by now. Their new weekly show starts in a couple of weeks time and they still don't have a broadcast partner in a country they want to heavily target and tour. Additionally, they haven't even been able to confirm a spot with a network that has been heavily promoting them and hosted their PPV on their own PPV channel. It's a piss poor effort to be scrambling around at the last minute.

Cody said a while back that it was sorted. remember his "better deal than WWE" quotes. Obviously ITV4 was speculated on. So either they just haven't announced it or it's not done. Neither situation being at all clever.

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As a point of pedantry, Khans money came fromĀ his family. He is a legit businessman in the same way Trump and hisĀ kids are. Sure, he may be self sufficient but itā€™s not as if he started with nothing.Ā 

In reference to anything in particular, Keith?

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Wow, I'd lost track of time - it still felt like it was some way away. Yeah, that's a poor show.

There have been a lot of understandable assumptions made about them ending up on ITV4, I think we all expected Dynamite to be on there. But the fact that the Young Fucks are not-at-all deftly trying to deflect concerns that they haven't got a deal sewn up that should have been agreed upon ages ago is both weird and not a great look. It rather smacks of TNA and their bi-annual scrambling around for a broadcaster.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

In reference to anything in particular, Keith?

Yes. That a ā€œlegitā€ businessman would have this all in hand. Had be built businesses up from nothing Iā€™d agree, but he really strikes me as an Uber rich kid to whom everything has been handed to him and everything is a plaything. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a wonderful businessman but he will never experience financial failure, and thatā€™s what the best business people had at the start, itā€™s a great motivator and keeps focus on the prize.Ā 

• Paid Members

I don't see what Sky could gain from a deal with AEW. I mean if wrestling was generating that much revenue for them they wouldn't have let WWE's programming go to BT, right?Ā 

1 minute ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I don't see what Sky could gain from a deal with AEW. I mean if wrestling was generating that much revenue for them they wouldn't have let WWE's programming go to BT, right?Ā 

Iā€™mĀ sure the whole network starting up and Sky still trying to sell PPVā€™s monthly for Ā£14.95 soured the deal.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes. That a ā€œlegitā€ businessman would have this all in hand. Had be built businesses up from nothing Iā€™d agree, but he really strikes me as an Uber rich kid to whom everything has been handed to him and everything is a plaything. Iā€™m sure heā€™s a wonderful businessman but he will never experience financial failure, and thatā€™s what the best business people had at the start, itā€™s a great motivator and keeps focus on the prize.Ā 

I get you. Just wondering if I'd missed something.

I don't know that much about him really other than the obvious sports connections and what little I've seen of him in the press since this was announced. I like his social conscience that's led to showsin aid of gun violence and community in Jacksonville. Seems to have decent moral fibre for a rich kid. Financially, you're probably right. Seems to be kept busy by his Dad without risking the family money. Has made a lot of mistakes running Fulham and probably will doing this.