The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Kind of goes against their “Real Sports feel, win & losses matter” mantra though, doesn’t it?

Don't be ridiculous. It's pro-wrestling. They've presented win/loss records, presented these brackets as if legit. That's their bag. Pretending they still won't hit all the pro-wrestling tropes  is just desperately trying to be a smart arse.

• Paid Members

This discussion around what is (and what isn't) "Real sports feel! Wins and losses matter!" is getting incredibly tiresome.

It's just a gimmick. Heels will cheat the system whilst the valiant babyfaces will play by the book. It's wrestling 101. ROH went the same route with the "Code Of Honor" and easily cemented the likes of Christopher Daniels as the big bads when they cheated and didn't shake their opponent's hand.

• Paid Members

I really like the idea of Private Party upsetting the Bucks. Gives them a big moment on their first TV show, makes clear anything can happen - and I'm up for them having a match with anyone on there. While I'm 'meh' on the Dark Order, their matches have been fun to watch. So Private Party vs The Bucks, then Lucha Bros, then Dark Order? That wouldn't be bad at all.

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

Santana and Ortiz not being in the title tournament makes me think they're likely to be Jericho's partners, then.

Whilst probably true, it also ties in to the "wins & losses matter" discussion as teams had to qualify and earn their spots in this tournament.

A team doing a surprise run-in at the show before the Tournament begins certainly should not be considered for that Tournament in that case.

Then if they rack up some impressive wins in the meantime (against Evans/Angelico to start with - also not in the Tournament) they will be a good feud for the newly crowned Champions.

I like it.

3 hours ago, MPDTT said:

I'm a little disappointed. I hoped for a tournament double the size given they still have Angelico/Evans, Santana/Ortiz, the Brotherhood, Stronghearts plus some makeshift teams they could put together.

They’ve been doing 1st round bye and qualification matches for the past 3 months.

• Paid Members

AEW hasn't done anything to really pique my interest yet. But as superficial as this may sound, stuff like this would get me watching in a heartbeat!

As this forum has been banging on about for years, the boring sets and locations has plagued the WWE since the end of the Attitude Era really.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/aew-planning-on-location-shows-like-wcw/?fbclid=IwAR3aXdzMX1KydOunTiIijvLxpjoqTgGhZtTKxyA24dATbXRnNz6Tb4bp5MA

Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 14.34.30.png

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

AEW hasn't done anything to really pique my interest yet. But as superficial as this may sound, stuff like this would get me watching in a heartbeat!

As this forum has been banging on about for years, the boring sets and locations has plagued the WWE since the end of the Attitude Era really.

https://wrestletalk.com/news/aew-planning-on-location-shows-like-wcw/?fbclid=IwAR3aXdzMX1KydOunTiIijvLxpjoqTgGhZtTKxyA24dATbXRnNz6Tb4bp5MA

Yup. All signs are that they'll either be recording an episode or airing an episode live from the Jericho Cruise in January. Sounds like a brilliant idea. Guys brawling on the deck, angles and interviews being shot in cabins, a heel trying to throw someone overboard. Hell yeah. The antithesis of WWE programming where everything looks and feels the exact same for years and years.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

...they’re leaving it very very late to officially confirm this is live on ITV4 every week, aren’t they? I’m starting to wonder if there’s a problem.

It’s been confirmed hasn’t it? Seen it doing the rounds on a couple of Facebook groups. Live showing same time as US with repeats at weekends at a normal time