Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

In terms of wrestling though I dont think it's as Important a metric and Viewers has allways been what has seen to be more important (to the fans at least, backstage who knows)

It is because that's what TNT are spending their money for. TV is a dying medium and they want programmes that attract younger viewers to watch TV live. That demographic is (and always has been) most important to advertisers because they tend to have the most disposable income.

Personally, I just hope both do well enough to keep on the air and keep producing the shows. The whole war thing is what it is. Too much excitment when AEW won by a nipple. Too much now NXT has won twice. Just enjoy it.

Posted

for all the talk of win loss records and doing things differently to WWE most of the records are surprisingly even. it's almost as if they're doing EXACTLY what WWE does.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Too much excitment when AEW won by a nipple.

Too much excitement from wrestling fans anywhere a nipple is involved.

Posted

I doubt he’s desperate for people to forget a tweet, considering it probably was a kayfabe/character promotional thing rather than anything of actual substance. Wrestlers post shit like that all the, it doesn’t matter. 
 

If I remember correctly he got owned at the time by Dijakovic anyway

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've sort of lost a bit or interest in recent weeks too. They've done an appalling job of establishing characters worth investing in, bar 3 or maybe 4. Jericho and Cody are usually always good value but I can't be arsed sitting through overly long matches featuring some dudes because dodgy rankings or something. Rankings could work but, like most of their roster, they've done a terrible job selling the soap.

Posted

I ended up falling behind as I went to Manchester for the WWE tapings and forgot that Full Gear was on. For some reason I just haven't had the spirit to catch up and I do think it is down to the already emerging repetitive shows that others have mentioned. I feel like I've seen 100 Private Party matches already.

It is a shame, as with its WCW look I was hoping we'd get a return to a more slower paced style and storytelling, but I'm guessing that the market these days continues to be for fast spotfests.

I am missing not seeing Chris Jericho though. What a blast he has been.

And on a side note, Survivor Series has been successful in terms of me wanting to see more of Keith Lee. Great booking by WWE.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 11/4/2019 at 7:54 PM, LEGIT said:

I'd pump her. 

Edit: nah just googled her, changed ma mind, dunno whit that tattoo is all about

Teddy Hart is pumping her.

So that's her career over.

Posted
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Teddy Hart is pumping her.

So that's her career over.

She seems like a car wreck anyway.

Apparently she's banned for life from Twitter for something she posted and she recently posted a total car crash video with her and Teddy just ranting about her ex Shlak and trying not to show drug paraphernalia.

Posted

Have they announced the next PPV or mini version yet? I've felt things the last two weeks have had a bit less direction as nothing is announced for them to direct to even big title matches or something on TV. 

Posted
7 hours ago, simonworden said:

Have they announced the next PPV or mini version yet? I've felt things the last two weeks have had a bit less direction as nothing is announced for them to direct to even big title matches or something on TV. 

Funny that people have spent the last 2 decades moaning that WWE have too many PPVs and should go back to having 4 like they did when they were a kid and now AEW are doing that, people are moaning that AEW aren't doing enough PPVs and and the TV shows aren't building to anything.  Almost like wrestling fans are really hard to please and moan about everything.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I like Jimmy, but he's been massively exposed in a lot of ways in AEW.

And after his first promo there, someone said he just sounded like Naboo from the Mighty Boosh, and I can't shake that.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...