The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And after his first promo there, someone said he just sounded like Naboo from the Mighty Boosh, and I can't shake that.

Yeah that was me ha. It’s hard to take him seriously when he sounds that way trying to sound hard. And the fact he looks like he couldn’t beat up anybody. 

• Paid Members

Was the forum down when it came out that Havoc had a shoot scrap with Excalibur and got choked unconscious? He’s quite the tragic figure.

I did laugh at Nyla Rose commentating on Havoc’s match. “This guy doesn’t need weapons, his whole body is a weapon, he is a weapon.”

Indeed.

• Paid Members

Wasn't the Havoc Excalibur thing to do with a tweet of Excalibur without his mask on or pictures of Excalibur sans mask?

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Excalibur should have removed the mask already. It’s embarrassing.

I've seen this argument before, and never really grasped it. Why is it embarrassing? Who is supposed to be embarrassed by it?

Is it this idea that some hypothetical first-time viewer would tune in to a wrestling show, be perfectly fine with everything else going on, but somehow find a commentator in a wrestling mask beyond the pale? I don't get it.