The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

"It's the Bunny! The Bunny! It's Allie as the Bunny! The Bunny is here! Now we know that the Bunny is behind the Butcher and the Blade, but why? The Bunny, the Butcher and the Blade."

3 hours ago, simonworden said:

cat woman Allie 

Edited by Chris B

51 minutes ago, Chris B said:

"It's the Bunny! The Bunny! It's Allie as the Bunny! The Bunny is here! Now we know that the Bunny is behind the Butcher and the Blade, but why? The Bunny, the Butcher and the Blade."

Has Allie ever worked under that persona on the indie scene? I thought Excalibur labelled her ‘The Bunny’ fat too quickly, why would he know that? I found the whole thing really confusing.

I thought the announcing was pretty poor all night actually, and fuck knows what was up with that random guy who joined the team during the first match. There was little to no explanation as to who he was or where he was from. I get that it was a sponsored spot, but what was it all about? What’s the All Elite Fleet? Is it essentially ‘the AEW universe’??

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Has Allie ever worked under that persona on the indie scene? I thought Excalibur labelled her ‘The Bunny’ fat too quickly, why would he know that? I found the whole thing really confusing.

I believe she's used 'The Bunny' on Impact, of all places, but not quite the same gimmick. Apparently, her husband is The Blade.

I love the look of the three of them (especially the monocle), but I agree - utterly confusing that it was treated as if they were someone we should know. I like Excalibur as an announcer, but he needs to learn more about how to do this for TV and an audience who hasn't seen everyone before. His corrections of some of JR's calls are a bit obnoxious too ("the crusher..." " - cutter" "...it's not called a crusher anymore?" "Well, it's a cutter too."), although I like that they seem to mostly gently tease each other rather than just slag each other off. 

2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Excalibur is great at calling matches, but it's very clear that he's never particularly had to sell a TV story before. 

It's glaringly obvious how many of them have little to no TV experience to be honest.
It should be no surprise to anyone that the star attractions are Jericho, Cody, Pac and Moxley... the ones with years, if not decades in Jericho's case, of TV experience.

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Didn't she have Bunny written on her attire or am I mistaken? Either way that might have been the flattest debut I have ever seen.

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

My mistake, costume was very cat woman-esque from what I recall though, been a busy day.  if that's enough defense.

weakest show they've put out so far IMO. it was a little dull after the loads of fun first segment.

echo the criticism for the constant using of live animals on shows. cut that shit out.

The Cody angle was a mess. JR didn't have a flipping clue who they were, and Excalibur seemed to assume they were world famous and everyone knows them.

"Who the hell is that?!"

"ITS THE BLADE! THE BLADE!"

"who is it??!"

"THE BLADE!!"

oh well now you've said it again I completely recognise him.

• Paid Members
On 11/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, mim731 said:

Steamboat was carrying about a tiny dragon in WCW for a bit.

Yeah, was it a Perentie or something? It was pretty big if I recall. He also had a Chinese Alligator in WWE during his feud with Jake at one point. 

Did anyone hear Gorilla Monsoon commentary in 97/98 on those WWE D shows that used to be on Sky?     I think it was shotgun.     His heart didn’t seem into it, and from what I understand now he was probably happy just being around WWF staff.   

I reckon thats what Jim Ross is now, not as passionate about the overall product, but happy to keep is hand in.    Unfortunately it shows in his work      

The difference is that one show was an after thought, the other is the flag ship show