Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The wins and losses work fine. Wins and losses matter in boxing and UFC but its not literally the person with the best win percentage getting the title shot every time. Real life bookers booking real sports account for box office as well so its fine for wrestling bookers to do the same in storylines. Christ.

Edited by Pinc
Posted

MJF was amazing as commentator. They should have introduced him in a non-wrestling role, just let him chat shit about the all faces for months before someone has enough and drags him in the ring 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just noticed there is just the Friday night showing of AEW on ITV 4 now. No ITV hi lights.

also

Jericho’s promo video tonight on dynamite is fucking hilarious!

  • Paid Members
Posted

Cody gave the promo of his life there, top class. Add in the best end to a TV show in years, and this was a total home run leading into the PPV.

Posted

So who dropped the massive bollock at the end of that PAC/Trent match? Trent for not kicking out or Remsburg for stopping the count?

Great promo from Cody, and much love to the guy with the ‘Fozzy Sucks’ sign

 

Posted

Great show overall, especially the Jericho stuff (same as every week to be honest, he's on fire) and Cody's promo. The way Cody has presented himself in recent years is a real testament to his self belief. He's still fairly middling in the ring but he's damn good at selling a match and his feuds.

I could do without some fans online trying to sell Dynamite as the best thing in 20 years or the best thing ever etc. It has moments of greatness, and they're doing a solid job of delivering week on week, but they're clearly still a new company and learning as they go along. And that's fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I guess I can't fault a company that has managed to create such a passionate fanbase really. 

Posted

Well that was another blinder. Jericho gets better every week and Cody's promo was perfect. This feels like a big match. Cody just knows how to bloody sell a match.

Posted

The jericho video is the funniest thing I've seen in years. 

Howled at virgil and calling jericho the youngest AEW champion of all time. Just amazing. 

Imagine booing this man. 

Posted

There doesn't seem to be an overload of matches booked for Full Gear.

I hope they take the opposite of WWE's approach and just have 7 or 8 matches on a 3 hour show, would be very refreshing after the last 4/5 years of 4/5 hour events where everybody possible gets on the card.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

The jericho video is the funniest thing I've seen in years. 

Howled at virgil and calling jericho the youngest AEW champion of all time. Just amazing. 

Imagine booing this man. 

Yeah and that's my only gripe with this great stuff he's been doing - aren't we meant to boo him? Or am I just being an old fart about it? 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I really enjoyed that! Minor quibbles aside (PAC/Trent botched finish, barbed wire fucking broom, some matches meandered and felt too long), the crowd was hot, the roster felt over, the action never let up, great promos and video packages, feuds everywhere & there was a sense of unpredictability in the air. Best PPV go-home show I've seen in years.

Also, I don't know if it's a timing issue or a definite creative decision, but I've noticed that the standard formula of tag matches is being thrown out of the window a little. Case in point the women's tag; the faces were worked over for 90% of the match and never really go their hot-tag and fired-up moments.

Same could be said for the Private Party/Dark order match; the big hot-tag spots were cut off more often than not, and they never got that big bam-bam-bam-BAM! got tag sequence. It's actually refreshing to see and makes the matches feel different, less repetitive and more organic. They should save that dependable formula for the big tag matches and PPVs.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...