The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

2 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Might be better off going heel for a while in AEW. Been hinting that at the very least he's possibly going to be a heel in DDT if/when he goes back.

That will come once his program with MJF is over. Cody is destined to be betrayed by his friends and MJF has first dibs 

Ratings incredibly close this week. 

AEW - 822k

NXT - 813k

invasion storyline obviously working well. AEW continue to lose viewers and I’m shocked how many didn’t come back from baseball last week. I wonder if they’ve left for good or they watched nxt?

NXT have been really closing the gap, week on week, even before the invasion. Quite unusual on the surface, really, since it would seem less word of mouth. Looks like WWE's casual TV audience have taken a few weeks to dip into it. The ratings for both shows combined are about the same as Raw's third hour, now. Seems like the cap for dedicated wrestling viewership through the medium for now. 

I do hope AEW manage to keep them edged out. It mightn't matter for much in the long run, and you can call it childish, but it does seem like there's a good and bad outcome here. And an arm of WWE not winning is surely the more exciting of the two. 

4 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

To be honest as long as AEW does well enough to stay on the air I don't particularly care.

Yeah, you're right. If they stay at the precise point they're at now for the next ten years, keep the network happy, keep doing houses on the road and remain financially viable and attractive enough to output at their current level and attract talent then I'm made up. 

• Paid Members

The key is that no matter what the overall rating, AEW does really well amongst younger viewers which is very important to TNT, and long term - the whole industry.

I'm sure that neither overall rating is what either side want but combined, it's very decent these days. It's a shame they insisted on splitting the audience but that's Vince 101.

You have to wonder - if NXT wasn't there to counter program, how many of the 800,000 or so would watch AEW. Because if it WAS all of them, not saying it would be, but if it was, that's coming awful close to Raw numbers.

Incredible go home show, by the way, to state the obvious, and the Countdown show was terrific as well. Makes me sad when such a high quality output isn't gaining more traction, hopefully in time...