The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

I'd say that wasn't a bad call, if youĀ areĀ going to cosplay.Ā Street FighterĀ is an iconic franchise extending over decades, and is recognisable to casuals as well as gamers.

EDIT: Hang on - didn't Omega once have the "Hadoken" as a finish?Ā 

I missed my train of thought. It was that the Street Fighter thing AND the Undertale thing at the same time is a bit of a clash of franchises.

Kenny's knee isĀ called theĀ V-Trigger, which is a reference to Street Fighter, but it'sĀ not really top of the pile at theĀ moment. I love me some Street Fighter, but it's not as big as Tekken or MK right now. Although getting the Bucks out as ninjas would probably get people calling back to Glacier.

Either get Kenny out there inĀ aĀ Street Fighter costume as well, or have the Bucks out there as Undertale characters.

6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Either get Kenny out there inĀ aĀ Street Fighter costume as well, or have the Bucks out there as Undertale characters.

This is some of the worst nit-picking I've ever seen on the internet.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Pinc said:

This is some of the worst nit-picking I've ever seen on the internet.

They did it at Fyter Fest. Get him in his Akuma costume again. Especially if they're meant to be a group.Ā 

30 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I missed my train of thought. It was that the Street Fighter thing AND the Undertale thing at the same time is a bit of a clash of franchises.

Kenny's knee isĀ called theĀ V-Trigger, which is a reference to Street Fighter, but it'sĀ not really top of the pile at theĀ moment. I love me some Street Fighter, but it's not as big as Tekken or MK right now. Although getting the Bucks out as ninjas would probably get people calling back to Glacier.

With the Final Fantasy 7 remake coming next year heā€™ll be back to his Sephiroth get up sooner rather then later anyways.Ā 

• Paid Members

Kind of assuming that if he came out as Akuma, a bunch of the same people complaining about his costume now would be saying "So, I don't understand - is Akuma part of his gimmick now? He keeps doing it. Is this like Balor's demon? He doesn't even change up his style, what's going on?".

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Kind of assuming that if he came out as Akuma, a bunch of the same people complaining about his costume now would be saying "So, I don't understand - is Akuma part of his gimmick now? He keeps doing it. Is this like Balor's demon? He doesn't even change up his style, what's going on?".

Must admit, I've always wanted someone to do the Raging Demon as a hokey finish, but I don't think it's possible with all the flashes that go off. It'd work as a one-off spot when no-one's expecting it, but if it became a regular thing, you just know people would have their cameras lined up to capture exactly what happens during the lights-out bit.

• Paid Members

EIs0X4wWsAsmuiC?format=jpg&name=large

Ā 

This should be pretty great, given time - they've wrestled each other a ton of times, Emi trained Riho, and is well-practiced at playing to her strengths and making her look great. Emi Sakura getting a PPV title match for a major American company at this stage in her career is kind of surreal, but great.

It's a bit of a pisser on the "wins and losses matter" angle that Emi has only ever won one match in AEW, yet is being given a title shot, though.

Looking at the win/loss records of all of the women is pretty damning, though. Awesome Kong who, presumably, when sheĀ doesĀ show up is still to be presented as a major threat is 0-1, Nyla Rose is 1-3 (more losses than The Librarian!), three wrestlers have overall records better than Emi, three have an equal number of wins to her - so what's the justification for this title shot?

They can say "wins and losses matter!" all they like, but if they're going to make win/loss records a thing, they need to explainĀ howĀ wins and losses matter. What do they actually mean? What's the process by which someone earns a title match?

Edited by BomberPat

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

Not a popular move from Jericho, judging by his Twitter feed at the moment. And can't see it going down sensationally with AEW fans.Ā 

He's the top heel, no?Ā 

Jericho bedding down with the sort of dipstick who'd call his book 'Triggered' ties in perfectly with his bloated, corporate rock star persona, regardless of them being shoot pals or just a bit of cynicalĀ publicity.

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Iā€™ll admit that Iā€™m not super familiar with Trump Jr but Iā€™m not sure where wrestling fans get off criticising him (supposedly because heā€™s a wanker?) when they pay money into and a support a company run by Vince McMahon of all people.

AEW is run by Vince McMahon? Shit, Russo was onto something.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

what's the justification for this title shot?

Wank fodder for Omega, ennit.

In all seriousness, I'm just completely ignoring the 'wins and losses matter!' thing now as it's a massive detriment to the company. Jimmy Havoc came down on Dark last night and MJF said something about him being 'the scariest wrestler in AEW' and the cunt had 1-3 next to his name. So what, he's scary and not very good?