The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah and that's my only gripe with this great stuff he's been doing - aren't we meant to boo him? Or am I just being an old fart about it? 

I'm not sure the fanbase they have care about the heel face divide. They just want to watch the stuff they like and aren't interested in playing along with what wrestling used to be. 

Whether aew should keep catering to their existing fanbase is another issue though. 

Just now, The King of Old School said:

1 for the pre show, so 7 on the main card seems about right.

I was half expecting them to announce 12 matches or something to get everyone on the card, glad they haven't done that. (yet at least)

Well, their roster is pretty tiny, especially as far as people they would want on tv goes. I think most of the guys that have been on tv so far are on the show. 

Seeing 'Chris Jericho's aunts friend from church' say she knew when he was growing up he'd be AEW champion someday was the best part of that fantastic video. What a brilliant, brilliant show. I'm such a fan, now; just following Dynamite and the big shows, with none of the fluff. Angles, matches, the right amount of production, proper arenas and hot crowds. On the road, every week. 

The best 3:30 of AEW's small history so far.

Great show, I thought. Exactly the hot angle they needed to go off the air with.

They've done such a brilliant job with Cody and Jericho. As soon as Cody finished his promo, I was sat thinking "fucking hell, that's the guy you want being the face of your show!" - but then as soon as they ran the aforementioned Jericho video I decided he was the absolute best choice. They've done a cracking job building them both up. It's a shame they've introduced the Cody stipulation, because there's still fucking loads of legs in this feud.

Had to watch it again. 

"Chris Jericho's talent is like the Olive Garden breadsticks: Unlimited"

The whole video is the kind of thing you'd screencap and quote for your forum signature years ago. How many things in wrestling make you want to do that anymore? You'd want your mates in the room when it's on.