Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah and that's my only gripe with this great stuff he's been doing - aren't we meant to boo him? Or am I just being an old fart about it? 

I'm not sure the fanbase they have care about the heel face divide. They just want to watch the stuff they like and aren't interested in playing along with what wrestling used to be. 

Whether aew should keep catering to their existing fanbase is another issue though. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve announced 8 matches

1 for the pre show, so 7 on the main card seems about right.

I was half expecting them to announce 12 matches or something to get everyone on the card, glad they haven't done that. (yet at least)

Posted
Just now, The King of Old School said:

1 for the pre show, so 7 on the main card seems about right.

I was half expecting them to announce 12 matches or something to get everyone on the card, glad they haven't done that. (yet at least)

Well, their roster is pretty tiny, especially as far as people they would want on tv goes. I think most of the guys that have been on tv so far are on the show. 

Posted

They uploaded this on Youtube after Dynamite last night to build the top 3 matches on Saturday, fun watch, think they’ve got the bloke who does the countdown voiceover for Boxing.

 

Posted

Seeing 'Chris Jericho's aunts friend from church' say she knew when he was growing up he'd be AEW champion someday was the best part of that fantastic video. What a brilliant, brilliant show. I'm such a fan, now; just following Dynamite and the big shows, with none of the fluff. Angles, matches, the right amount of production, proper arenas and hot crowds. On the road, every week. 

Posted

That's a go home show if I ever saw one.

My only real gripe is the woman's tag again highlighted the weak state of the division imo. Hayter had been great in AEW but randomly pairing her with Sakura who is a face as far as I'm aware, felt off.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Emi teamed with Bea Priestley last time she was on TV, so I'd assume she's supposed to be a heel. She'll definitely be working heel against Riho.

 

Posted

So is Brandi no longer running the womens division? That segment was well shot but I have no idea what she was saying, was it still all aimed at Allie?

Posted

The best 3:30 of AEW's small history so far.

Great show, I thought. Exactly the hot angle they needed to go off the air with.

They've done such a brilliant job with Cody and Jericho. As soon as Cody finished his promo, I was sat thinking "fucking hell, that's the guy you want being the face of your show!" - but then as soon as they ran the aforementioned Jericho video I decided he was the absolute best choice. They've done a cracking job building them both up. It's a shame they've introduced the Cody stipulation, because there's still fucking loads of legs in this feud.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Jericho video was posted by me 2 pages back.  But personally I think it should be posted on ever page of this thread 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Posted

Had to watch it again. 

"Chris Jericho's talent is like the Olive Garden breadsticks: Unlimited"

The whole video is the kind of thing you'd screencap and quote for your forum signature years ago. How many things in wrestling make you want to do that anymore? You'd want your mates in the room when it's on. 

 

Posted (edited)

The only trick missed in the whole video was being unable to call him Virgil so they could have ‘Wrestling Superstar’ underneath. Otherwise, utterly brilliant 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...