MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

Well that was another blinder. Jericho gets better every week and Cody's promo was perfect. This feels like a big match. Cody just knows how to bloody sell a match.

The jericho video is the funniest thing I've seen in years. 

Howled at virgil and calling jericho the youngest AEW champion of all time. Just amazing. 

Imagine booing this man. 

There doesn't seem to be an overload of matches booked for Full Gear.

I hope they take the opposite of WWE's approach and just have 7 or 8 matches on a 3 hour show, would be very refreshing after the last 4/5 years of 4/5 hour events where everybody possible gets on the card.

15 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

The jericho video is the funniest thing I've seen in years. 

Howled at virgil and calling jericho the youngest AEW champion of all time. Just amazing. 

Imagine booing this man. 

Yeah and that's my only gripe with this great stuff he's been doing - aren't we meant to boo him? Or am I just being an old fart about it? 

I really enjoyed that! Minor quibbles aside (PAC/Trent botched finish, barbed wire fucking broom, some matches meandered and felt too long), the crowd was hot, the roster felt over, the action never let up, great promos and video packages, feuds everywhere & there was a sense of unpredictability in the air. Best PPV go-home show I've seen in years.

Also, I don't know if it's a timing issue or a definite creative decision, but I've noticed that the standard formula of tag matches is being thrown out of the window a little. Case in point the women's tag; the faces were worked over for 90% of the match and never really go their hot-tag and fired-up moments.

Same could be said for the Private Party/Dark order match; the big hot-tag spots were cut off more often than not, and they never got that big bam-bam-bam-BAM! got tag sequence. It's actually refreshing to see and makes the matches feel different, less repetitive and more organic. They should save that dependable formula for the big tag matches and PPVs.

15 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

There doesn't seem to be an overload of matches booked for Full Gear.

They’ve announced 8 matches

7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah and that's my only gripe with this great stuff he's been doing - aren't we meant to boo him? Or am I just being an old fart about it? 

I'm not sure the fanbase they have care about the heel face divide. They just want to watch the stuff they like and aren't interested in playing along with what wrestling used to be. 

Whether aew should keep catering to their existing fanbase is another issue though. 

6 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

They’ve announced 8 matches

1 for the pre show, so 7 on the main card seems about right.

I was half expecting them to announce 12 matches or something to get everyone on the card, glad they haven't done that. (yet at least)

Just now, The King of Old School said:

1 for the pre show, so 7 on the main card seems about right.

I was half expecting them to announce 12 matches or something to get everyone on the card, glad they haven't done that. (yet at least)

Well, their roster is pretty tiny, especially as far as people they would want on tv goes. I think most of the guys that have been on tv so far are on the show. 

They uploaded this on Youtube after Dynamite last night to build the top 3 matches on Saturday, fun watch, think they’ve got the bloke who does the countdown voiceover for Boxing.

Seeing 'Chris Jericho's aunts friend from church' say she knew when he was growing up he'd be AEW champion someday was the best part of that fantastic video. What a brilliant, brilliant show. I'm such a fan, now; just following Dynamite and the big shows, with none of the fluff. Angles, matches, the right amount of production, proper arenas and hot crowds. On the road, every week. 

That's a go home show if I ever saw one.

My only real gripe is the woman's tag again highlighted the weak state of the division imo. Hayter had been great in AEW but randomly pairing her with Sakura who is a face as far as I'm aware, felt off.

Emi teamed with Bea Priestley last time she was on TV, so I'd assume she's supposed to be a heel. She'll definitely be working heel against Riho.

So is Brandi no longer running the womens division? That segment was well shot but I have no idea what she was saying, was it still all aimed at Allie?