The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

What worries me most about Omega is he’s seemingly fixated on Japan and eventually so long after he never meets those standards in AEW he’ll be in deep shit. Look at KENTA for example, or Shinsuke. Kenny is those guys right now and they had moments but never peaked. 
One thing I think he puts way too much credit into his is that bizarre maybe kinda homosexual relationship he has with Ibushi. They’ve mentioned or teased it a few times now but you have to wonder if it ever does happen if it won’t just be the final nail in his coffin. I don’t see how it successfully translates to the AEW audience at all.

They're pretty much teasing that with Jericho and his new twink boyfriend.

• Awards Moderator

Best episode of Dynamite so far for me, by a long way.

- PAC was wonderful. Really great opening match as well, shame about whatever happened at the end.

- Cody’s promo was excellent.

- Jericho’s video was even more excellent. One of my favourite things I’ve seen in wrestling in ages and ages.

- That was the best I’ve seen Riho in AEW so far. The match used her the way she should be - being battered and dominated because she’s tiny but getting shots in when she can.

- Closing brawl was note perfect. Exactly what it should have been going into the PPV. How could you not be excited to find out what happens at Full Gear after that?

Well done, AEW. 

6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They have that weird diary system where they ask certain homes to fill in who and what has been watched. It’s pretty outdated 

They have the technology available for TVs to watch who is watching, but it’ll freak the public out too much for them to release it. I know someone who worked quite high up at Sony, several years ago he told me eventually you’ll be able to rent movies and pay per person. If a new person walks into a room it’ll pause and you’ll have to pay extra to watch. It’ll also be able to log age and gender to show exactly who watches what.

Cant imagine it will be far away at this point 

Bryce Remsburg is a shockingly bad referee.

I used to really rate him a decade plus ago when I was heavily into Chikara, but nowadays he brings down every match he's involved in.  I always find myself focused more on his OTT and exaggerated antics than the wrestlers and he was diabolical during the Trent/Pac match tonight with his officiating.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Full Gear was the best thing since sliced bread.....I had a great time in Washington DC, but Baltimore is an utter dive....also met someone else there who said they were on this forum - some bloke from Leeds who's name escapes me.

• Paid Members

Right, let’s get to it.

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley at Full Gear was the most disappointing match in as long as I can remember. Two of my favourites set to have a match of the year candidate, and what do they do instead? Have a shitty CZW match straight out of Tournament of Death in the mid 2000s, where about two thirds of the match consisted of them cluelessly looking under ring curtains because they couldn’t find the next gimmick to use. If this was the type of match Mox wanted with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania then no wonder Brock told him to fuck off. They’re lucky Rene Young was losing her mind on Twitter fearing for her husband’s wellbeing because that was about the only dramatic or interesting thing about it.

On the plus side though absolutely everything else about AEW is firing on all cylinders at the moment, Darby Allin is the next Jeff Hardy, MJF is the greatest, Chris Jericho is nothing short of spectacular and that last episode of Dynamite was one of the best pro wrestling TV shows in years.  

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Right, let’s get to it.

Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley at Full Gear was the most disappointing match in as long as I can remember. Two of my favourites set to have a match of the year candidate, and what do they do instead? Have a shitty CZW match straight out of Tournament of Death in the mid 2000s, where about two thirds of the match consisted of them cluelessly looking under ring curtains because they couldn’t find the next gimmick to use. If this was the type of match Mox wanted with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania then no wonder Brock told him to fuck off. They’re lucky Rene Young was losing her mind on Twitter fearing for her husband’s wellbeing because that was about the only dramatic or interesting thing about it.

On the plus side though absolutely everything else about AEW is firing on all cylinders at the moment, Darby Allin is the next Jeff Hardy, MJF is the greatest, Chris Jericho is nothing short of spectacular and that last episode of Dynamite was one of the best pro wrestling TV shows in years.  

I've not watched the Moxley v Omega match back yet, but I loved it live. Such a polarising match - like marmite.

1 minute ago, MPDTT said:

I've not watched the Moxley v Omega match back yet, but I loved it live. Such a polarising match - like marmite.

Because they both stink?

I don't really get the Darby Allin hype. I find the whole skateboarding thing a bit cringe and his little denim hotpants look like something he bought from a Kylie carboot. He seems like he's trying too hard to be "down with the kids".

Pentagon and Rey Fenix on the other hand. Give them all the belts.

I made it to the episode after Full Gear but I think that'll be it for me now. I simply haven't the time for tag matches that go 20+ minutes with no sense of rules, clearly choreographed spots etc. I don't mind flippy shit as long as there is a story and context and their tag scene is the shits. They really do have such a shallow talent roster for a backer with over a billion in the bank. I watched Takeover last night for the first time in years and it was brilliant. You can really tell that in the WWE they train their talent properly and it really shows. The AEW women's division really is the shits compared to the girls in the opener last night. Its night and day. I actually like a lot of the stuff involving MJF, the matches Cody has had have been brilliant (i.e. Jericho and Dustin matches) and I was a long-time Omega fan but even he can't keep me hooked. Its a shame because I wanted an alternative but I guess I'll just start watching NXT a bit I guess and catch some old matches from back in the good ol days. 

AEW need to change the following to get me on board...

Stop with the 20+ minute matches

Bin Marko Stunt and Jimmy Havoc 

Hire wrestlers that look like wrestlers.. no disrespect to Allin etc but at least Ricochet etc look like wrestlers to a degree

Sort out your rules and stick to them - none of this 1000mph paced spot fests with no psychology. I like a good spot fest but it HAS to be in context of the rules and a match.