MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

The best 3:30 of AEW's small history so far.

Great show, I thought. Exactly the hot angle they needed to go off the air with.

They've done such a brilliant job with Cody and Jericho. As soon as Cody finished his promo, I was sat thinking "fucking hell,Ā that'sĀ the guy you want being the face of your show!" - but then as soon as they ran the aforementioned Jericho video I decided he was the absolute best choice. They've done a cracking job building them both up. It's a shame they've introduced the Cody stipulation, because there's still fucking loads of legs in this feud.

The Jericho videoĀ was posted by me 2 pages back.Ā Ā But personally I think it should be posted on ever page of this threadĀ 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Had to watch it again.Ā 

"Chris Jericho's talent is like the Olive Garden breadsticks: Unlimited"

The whole video is the kind of thing you'd screencap and quote for your forum signature years ago. How many things in wrestling make you want to do that anymore? You'dĀ wantĀ your mates in the room when it's on.Ā 

Ā 

The only trick missed in the whole video was being unable to call him Virgil so they could have ā€˜Wrestling Superstarā€™ underneath. Otherwise, utterly brilliantĀ 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Chris Jericho is the man. This man is on another level.

Heā€™s winning on Sunday and he shouldĀ keepĀ the belt for a very long time.

As everyone is raving about, it was one of the betterĀ episodes of wrestling telly in a few years. The matches are usually always good, but it was all the extra character and story building stuff (I've been after since they started) that made this so memorable.

The Cody promo had you believing you were about to see a proper scrap. That's two weeks in a row they've had incredible promos from hands thriving with the freedom.

The Jericho thing was clearly him playing up the more Brent aspects of himself. It was brilliantly funny but also highlighted what a delusional arse Jericho is. They even poked fun at what a gormless looking bore Swagger is.

The closing brawl was really fun too.

I guess you can say with them limiting all the talk it doesn't half make the rare promo segments more memorable. When someone gets the promos time it's usually because they've got something to say.

Yep. Between the Cody promo, Jericho's hilarious video and that Nitro brawl at the end, this was a cracking go-home show.

My favourite thing in wrestling right now is Tony Shciavone so obviously enjoying himself and it sounded like he was having the time of his life during that closing segment. Loved it.

Between AEW and NWA, it's nice watching wrestling again and feeling likeĀ you didn'tĀ just wasted your time. WWE have done about as good a job as possible of running me off, so I'm thankful we've got the option of two shows that look the business and deliver what I'm after (for the most part).

The Countdown to Full Gear video does a mostly tremendous job of building the big matches imo.

Does nothing to build the women's title match which just further highlights how "meh" the division feels at the moment. Sure both wrestlers are Japanese (no idea how their english is) but they could have done something, hell anything to get people to care.

Kenny is coming off a smug prick to me though and I can't decide if that's intentional or not.

Cody's promo put over himself as the courageous underdog babyface, Jericho as the dastardly heel, hyped up the title match, got over the high stakes of the stipulation, put over The Elite, Inner Circle and AEW itself and even set up anticipation for a future Elite vs Inner Circle match. All in about 4 minutes. A proper wrestling promo. Great stuff. WWE haven't had more than 20 above averageĀ promos in the past 5 years, AEW has had about 6 GREAT promos in four weeks.