The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

When you're an up and coming wrestler having a thing appear on screen saying you've lost every match you've had looks pretty shit, I'm not saying it contradicts him being the literal best ever like I'm supposed to take that at face value but he's doing everything right to show potential and it wouldn't have occurred to me that he's lost every match he's had unless they put it there. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

When you're an up and coming wrestler having a thing appear on screen saying you've lost every match you've had looks pretty shit, I'm not saying it contradicts him being the literal best ever like I'm supposed to take that at face value but he's doing everything right to show potential and it wouldn't have occurred to me that he's lost every match he's had unless they put it there. 

I'm not saying this couldn't be a problem for faces but he's a heel. It literally makes no difference whatsoever if he never wins match in his entire career as long as he acts like god's gift after.

I quite enjoyed the show. Jericho is such a strange case. He looks like an absolute embarrassment as a choice for world champion - he looks old, he looks fat, he looks half-pissed, he's always got a stupid outfit. And yet he's by far the best thing on the show, and elevates everything he's part of.

I didn't get the game reference Kenny Omega was making, and it seemed like it was trying to do a lot of the storytelling for where his character is. I absolutely agree with whoever it was earlier in the thread who said that that stuff would be fine if it was further down the road, and if the rest of the show was on board with the story. But as it is, he's done nothing to establish himself yet, and to people who didn't follow him closely before AEW, he just looks shit.

I could've done without the in-ring Moxley promo, or without the backstage Moxley-Khan discussion that used the same dialogue. I kinda like the angle of Moxley being upset that the win won't count. Taking issue with them booking matches that don't count is interesting, but like the Depressed Loser Kenny stuff, it seems early to be going there yet. Full Gear will be their what, tenth show maybe? And that's at least their third or fourth "unsanctioned" match already, and we've already got a wrestler with a conspiracy theory about the bookers using loopholes to make wins and losses not matter. As we've already got Pac's complaints about the win/loss records not tying in to title opportunities, it seems like all this should be headed for an authority figure storyline, and that's not ideal.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

I quite enjoyed the show. Jericho is such a strange case. He looks like an absolute embarrassment as a choice for world champion - he looks old, he looks fat, he looks half-pissed, he's always got a stupid outfit. And yet he's by far the best thing on the show, and elevates everything he's part of.

He really his like 1995 Hulk Hogan. Hogan was WCW's biggest star by a mile, yet looked like Steptoe's skeleton.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Yeah the Kenny entrance thing was odd. Clearly he's just doing stuff to entertain himself which really shouldn't be the aim at the moment.

The twitter live reaction suggests a lot got a kick out of it so your wrong there. THAT SAID, he should be trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. Not video game enthusiasts. I had no idea what that video game was he was referencing. 

Love how they posted that picture saying they’re family after emails leaked of them rejecting paying their women’s champion £20,000 a year and giving the  excuse that they’d have to pay the other women more too. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I don’t think I could name half the people in that photo. I could probably name more of the people who are missing. Unless the likes of Marty, Brody King, PCO and Shane Taylor have fucked off. 

Genuinely thought the bearded guy next to Bully Ray was Mike Knox.      

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

People give AEW shit, but look at ROH's roster. This might be the most unappealing set of wrestlers to form a roster ever.

EIe3txgXYAQ9Pda.jpg

It really is like a whose who but really WHO IS WHO because I recognised one person in Haskins but that’s because he’s not updated his look in a decade

16 hours ago, Pinc said:

Kenny’s thing was fine. I felt out of the loop, but in a way that made me think Kenny Omega has his finger on the pulse of pop culture to a greater extent than me. Which lines up fine with his Gay Weeaboo gimmick.

A friend of mine who I am fairly certain has never watched pro wrestling in their life linked the video  of the entrance and cosplay on Facebook. She can definitely be called a gay weeabo, so he is definitely hitting that demographic.