The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I wish some of the stuff they put on Dark was on Dynamite. This week's Kip Sabian promo did a good job of resetting his character and providing good motivation for what would otherwise be a relatively throw away match for The Elite. Shame only a portion of the audience will see it.

1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Sonny Kiss and Dustin Rhodes look so good together. I hope that becomes a regular team.

The girlfriend thinks Sonny Kiss is amazing, can see big cross over appeal to non fans that wouldn’t usually watch wrestling. A team with Dustin would be perfect for developing in ring while building a cult following  

• Paid Members

That was one of the best wrestling TV shows that I've seen in close to twenty years. I mean that was fucking belting rollercoaster. The only big issue I had was

the dumb ass Elite cosplay directly after the contract signing. If they had just come out fires up then it would have been perfect. The match worked great so it was just the mental decision to ignore the major angle that hurt it. You could tell JR was going banana in his head over it.

Other than that I freaking loved it. Even the intro was better than anything I've seen to get me hyped in years. That opening match was perfect. Sammy is a tremendous heel that properly got himself over whilst Page looked better than he has in ages and it didn't take 20 minutes.

The Rick and Morty stuff was managed well and made the product seem relevent. I did wonder in the match if it was a good idea to get someone else's product over when you're so knew but they made it work.

The women's match wasn't perfect but it was better than we have had on Dark. Not sure about that voodoo promo seems unnecessary.

The rock and roll express massacre and the signing were absolutely perfect and WWE haven't done a thing that interesting in what 15 years?!

The Mix beatdown and promo was ace.

It would have been good if they had pimped the main event abit but it was good considering the time constraints

Seriously that was brilliant

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

Yep, tremendous show. Easily their best to date.

Liked the creativity with the angles to put heat on the Inner Circle. Clever to use the Rick and Morty stuff throughout as a throwaway and then have Ortiz and Santana use it later. Good use of the Rock and Rolls. Incredible work by Dustin.

Cody in the limo was nice stuff with Skiavone adding class to it. Moxley was incredible. A money promo if you ever saw one. Only real criticism I'd have is the show should have finished there. Understand why not but nothing was following that.

The matches were fine. They shouldn't be that relevant week to week and weren't here. Nothing bad, fun in places and all just serving as decent filler.

Enjoyed the work in the women's match. Suffered from neither being particularly over but they worked properly and at good pace. That superplex from the outside in was brilliant. 

Seven stars.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

The matches were fine. They shouldn't be that relevant week to week and weren't here. Nothing bad, fun in places and all just serving as decent filler.

This is an interesting point, and I'm not saying I wholly disagree, but that seems to be one of the big criticisms of WWE, rightly or wrongly, is that the in-ring matches are just "there",

I'm not referring to yourself when I say this RIck, but the word "filler" gets used a whole lot, especially when describing Raw and I imagine plenty of the AEW die-hards won't see that as the same issue with AEW.

For me there should be a good balance, where the matches are a decent backdrop, but should also directly or indirectly forward stories and programmes (TV matches shouldn't be the endgame). I think AEW are doing a decent job holding that balance so far. A fun show overall.