The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

A poor number. Obviously the baseball has an effect but it was also coming off their poorest show to date. Be interesting to see if this week's show increases viewership for next week. Also how the Friday night replay does. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

What have they cut out? was nothing I can remember watching live I could see them being against apart from Hangman saying cowboy shit but surely they could just bleep that if they wanted to

The beginning stuff with Cody was all gone

God, it's annoying how good Jericho is these days since going to AEW. Go back 18 months or so and he was a right state, both in his diminishing WWE returns (KO Partnership excluded) and his shitty lip-sync band, but this has rejuvenated him good & proper. That pumpkin jacket was straight out of the Jericho 98 playbook.

I assume no-one smartened JR as to what all that Undertale stuff was beforehand because he was keeping very quite. They’ve been guilty of it a couple of times now where JR has to fumble his way through talking about he clearly know/understand, you might as well have Hank Hill on commentary 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

That Omega enterance made him look a right tit. When the 8-bit video came up I, like a few others have mentioned, thought it was a mystery wrestler who wanted at him(kind of like the Sting/Black Scorpion from WCW), but then he walked out in a mask and fucking slippers! IT made matters worse that the Bucks(who have really impressed me) looked fairly decent in their Street Fighter get up!

I'm really enjoying AEW in the whole though. There is some shit on it(Justin Roberts announcing, that Dark Order wrestlecrap and the sheer amount of dives in almost every match), but they are also managing to make some look like mega stars. Moxleys music and enternce video of him smashing through the cell is great, and obviously Jericho and the Inner Circle just ooze class.

• Paid Members

Omega has to go to WWE at some point just so I can see him saddled with a nerd gimmick. A rare occasion where Vince failing to update his cultural knowledge since 1985 would actually be appropriate; 'We'll give an entrance with an 8-bit video and Steve Urkel's glasses". 

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Thought they were doing 4 a year? With a few "specials" like FFTF and Fyter Fest thrown in there?

I think that was the word going around. I think Tony Khan may have said it in an interview. But the line between PPV and "specials" is surely blurred? Just because the USA market aren't paying to see it, doesn't mean a special won't be treated just as much like a PPV event.

44 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I think that was the word going around. I think Tony Khan may have said it in an interview. But the line between PPV and "specials" is surely blurred? Just because the USA market aren't paying to see it, doesn't mean a special won't be treated just as much like a PPV event.

Yeah probably.

Like the old Clash of the Champions events I imagine.