The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

6 hours ago, Loki said:

He said that did he?  In a video package on tv?

"Please, nobody mention my famous Dad, Luke Perry.  I just want to be me, not famous Hollywood actor Luke Perry's son."

Pretty much. In a video package, on the Road To The Bahamas YouTube video, just after the 7:40 mark.

He talks about how he wants to be as far away from the Hollywood kid image as he can be, and succeed or fail on his own merit. 

I assume that's why he's 'Jungle Boy', and not 'Jack Perry'. No matter how much JR pushes it.

• Paid Members

Rewatching that (fucking incredible) video, I took him to mean he didn’t want anyone to know who his Dad was when he first started out, so he could either succeed or fail on his own. Now that he’s made it to the big dance, it sounds like he’s less bothered, safe in the knowledge that he didn’t get there based solely on who he was related to. Not that it really matters anymore though. The lad is money regardless. Of everyone on that roster, he’s easily the one guy I’m most excited about. The only downside from what I can see is how tempting it must be to rush his inevitable ascension to the top. He’s got it.

Check this out. I know it‘s too good to be true and almost certainly won’t happen, but fuck me, how great would it be if this was them writing out the Nightmare Collective and pretending the whole thing only existed in Brandi’s head?

Dallas as fuck.

Edited by Supremo

I’m definitely in the minority but I don’t see the upside in Jungle Boy, certainly not from a main event perspective. His mic skills need to improve pretty dramatically. His look is also very unspectacular. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jurassic Express, and Luchasaurus has tremendous potential...but at this stage I just don’t see ‘it’ in Jungle Boy. Am I the only person who feels this way?

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

"You were just working as a shitty barista" was a brilliant line, I must say.

Ripped off from "Book of Discarded Human League Lyrics"

On 1/25/2020 at 12:34 AM, garynysmon said:

Dr Britt Baker can't do a promo for shit can she? I know she was a bit out of breath after her match, but the delivery in that attack on Schiavone was appalling.

Every time I see her entrance or the Dr Britt Baker DMD announcement all I think of is Stu in The Hangover and now shes a heel they need someone to use the Bradley Cooper line "she's a dentist, don’t get too excited and if someone has a heart attack you should still call 911".