The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Genuine question, as I’ve yet to find time to properly watch any of this show - I’ve heard that they are supposed to be putting emphasis on win-loss records, displaying them on screen etc etc, but have they made any suggestion that when those win-loss records are translated to rankings/title opportunities, who you beat/lost to will be a significant factor?

E.G. is a 13-2 record with wins over Cody & Omega but losses to PAC & Adam Page more likely to earn you a shot at Jericho than a 15-0 resume where all your wins are over opponents who are below .500?

This came into my head because it’s fundamentally how college football teams are ranked, and JR & Schiovane are both big college football guys, Cody too to a lesser extent.

Something like that, yeah. It still didn't make a ton of sense, but when Havoc vs Allin was announced as a No.1 contenders match, Cody went to Twitter to explain that because Allin went the distance with him, and beat CIMA, he's in, and because Havoc won the Cracker Barrel Brawl, he's in. 

So yeah, quality of opponent works into it, but it still doesn't make sense to me. PAC beat Omega and Page. How are they not far bigger wins?

3 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

PAC beat Omega and Page. How are they not far bigger wins?

That seems to be part of a storyline? PAC was going on about that during his ace commentary bit, but it's odd that only two weeks in and and your system being broke is already a story.

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

What about him appeals to you? 

Well, I have no issue with his look, he’s actually able to wrestle when he chooses to, the Cracker Barrel challenge and the Darby Allin matches were both fun, met him twice in Vegas and he seemed a very genuine and nice fella and I didn’t think his promo on dynamite sucked either. The only thing I really hate about him is his liking of Taylor Swift’s music....that is inexcusable.

I’m happy for the guy - he never expected this kind of opportunity.

30 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Well, I have no issue with his look, he’s actually able to wrestle when he chooses to, the Cracker Barrel challenge and the Darby Allin matches were both fun, met him twice in Vegas and he seemed a very genuine and nice fella and I didn’t think his promo on dynamite sucked either. The only thing I really hate about him is his liking of Taylor Swift’s music....that is inexcusable.

Are you thick?

31 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

That’s a surefire way to land yourself a mod challenge 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

This post gave me a headache.

• Paid Members

There are plenty of nice guys in wrestling, as well as knobheads. But just because Havoc was nice when you met him does not mean he deserves a place on the card. There are plenty of others who are better promos and in ring who are in other promotions who I’d rather see if I’m honest. He just does nothing for me.

47 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Well, I have no issue with his look, 

Is this because I said he looks like Nigel Kennedy? Because he also looks like the goth boyfriend on Gravity Falls and I will die on those hills.

1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

I didn’t think his promo on dynamite sucked either.

You're joking, surely?

You met him, great. He's a nice bloke (I've heard that too), great. But that doesn't mean you have to wear rose tinted glasses and praise his absolutely awful performances. 

Please go back and watch the promo again. Then please tell me why it didn't suck.

• Paid Members

Fuck's sake. What are people expecting from MPDTT at this stage? You know he's going to be unquestioningly positive about every aspect of AEW, he's practically on the payroll, so why are people so surprised that he would have this opinion? Just talk about the bloody show.