The King Of Swing Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 That Jimmy Havoc promo was a bit shit wasn't it?
Vamp Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 Is JR involved beyond announcing? He should be. His not having a clue who Private Party were or why Emi is a legend were spot on. The problem with the womens match wasn't so much what was happening in the ring (though neither Britt nor Bea are particularly good)but that it was presented as a complete after thought. Only Emi bothered to try to get it over with the crowd (and admittedly failed) which nobody else in the ring or the production or the creative bothered with.
bigfoote Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 For AEW Dark commentary apparently. Interesting to see if it becomes a regular thing to have someone associated with the area to make appearances. Purely for example (ignoring ties elsewhere), Flair for NC, Angle for Pittsburgh etc.
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 They’ve announced pretty much the entire match line up for Wednesday’s show Jericho v Allin - Philadelphia Street Fight for the AEW World Title Riho v Britt for the Women’s Title Lucha Bros v Jurassic Express in the Tag Team Title tournament SCU v Best Friends in the Tag Team Title tournament Omega and Page v PAC and Moxle also Cody has announced that Taz will be a guest broadcaster on the Dark taping before this week’s show
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2019 4 hours ago, Tommy! said: To the uninitiated it's got a big bang of a bound for glory series. I'm sure it's not but that's what is rushing from the reach's of the mind. So over the top. Most people on the roster have had, like, 3 matches. Pac clearly has the best case from his three matches for a title shot. However, he's also a heel and Pac/Jericho is absolutely not a match you chuck on free TV. So they've gone with Allin and Havoc for the throwaway title match and made sure Pac is pointing out what a travesty it is. What more does anyone want at this point? My biggest criticism is that I wouldn't throw away title matches. I would barely have Jericho wrestle on free TV. But they want ratings so they'll do it. I wouldn't.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted October 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2019 Hope Taz becomes a regular. Tony Schiavone, Excalibur and Taz sounds like a good team.
Merzbow Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 Hopefully we get Smackdown Taz rather than Impact Taz, maybe it's rose tinted glasses but I remember him being much better on the former and less cringey.
Keith Houchen Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 (edited) 5 hours ago, MPDTT said: The only thing I really hate about him is his liking of Taylor Swift’s music....that is inexcusable. Thankfully, Queen TayTay would never appear in such downmarket rubbish but you can bet if she appeared singing AEW instead of Shake It Off, MPTORYDD would decide that she once went to Vegas and is now lovely with great music. Edited October 12, 2019 by Keith Houchen
Worthits Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 (edited) Why don't we just make a Jimmy Havoc thread, kinda annoying seeing this reoccuring discussion on Dynamite. Edited October 12, 2019 by Worthits
Paid Members Tommy! Posted October 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2019 2 hours ago, tiger_rick said: So over the top. I've evidently not been clear. On paper it sounds to me, a person with next to no aew exposure beyond bits on here and the odd podcast, like the BFG or that ranking TNA did with a fan poll. It sounds like something which harkens the cynic in me. However from what little I do read and hear I trust they'll put more effort in than TNA with it's bollocks and make it make sense and use it as a pull when it makes sense. However I just hope they make it clear so if I do dip in (as I'm hoping to with weekly shows or highlights) it's not too hard to keep up with as a casual skimming the product. So I would say it's not over the top, just poorly written, because that's just me all over.
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted October 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2019 Wasn't getting at you, Tommy. The reaction to everything about AEW is way over the top. Notice the lack of replies to Smackers losing a million viewers this week? Compared to the replies to AEW dropping from their premiere. It's night and day.
kidzero Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 7 hours ago, SuperBacon said: I just want to say that whilst I think he’s been good in the ring when I’ve seen him, Hangman Pages’ look is bloody awful. The whole Cowboy thing is just so cringey, and smacks of James Storm. Yeah Adam page is good in the ring but I was won't be sold on it till he goes full Stan Hansen with it... But I enjoyed this week's show its a good build to full gear. I'm lovein the inner circle
Merzbow Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 Is he good at word games? I'd prefer "Countdown" Adam Page, personally. https://tubedubber.com/?q=NjAf-PnmSUM:FyL5FIH6tTA:0:100:0:0:1
Loki Posted October 13, 2019 Posted October 13, 2019 14 hours ago, tiger_rick said: Wasn't getting at you, Tommy. The reaction to everything about AEW is way over the top. Notice the lack of replies to Smackers losing a million viewers this week? Compared to the replies to AEW dropping from their premiere. It's night and day. Now then, Rick, wasn't it you who just popped into the NXT thread to say how it'd been shit for ages, despite it being the best weekly wrestling show on telly for about the last 4 years? You're cheerleading for this new show, and fair enough (I'm also enjoying it so far) but it's out in the wild now and will get reactions, and they won't all be universally positive.
Recommended Posts