BrodyGraham Posted October 11, 2019 Posted October 11, 2019 Just now, tiger_rick said: I think you've identified that as nonsense yourself. Janela isn't marquee anything. He's a useful little character to have about and he can go but he's a solid JTTS. When I watched All-In, my big take away was that, presented the way he was, with that music, Penelope Ford, the swagger and that ridiculous match, that Janela should be a star. He just came across as that guy who is dangerous and unpredictable because he genuinely loves being a fuck up. Of course, Penis druids, losing a ton and that Pythonesque 'fight' with Enzo will pour water on that, but for a moment, a moment, I believed Janela was a star.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted October 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2019 Penelope Ford is going out with Kip Sabian now. Which has to be the biggest step up since Christopher Knight's wife left him for some bloke who runs a booth at Comic Con.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2019 I think Joey Janela is definitely in the upper regions of AEW's "below main event" tier, particularly when in that kind of "hardcore" environment, so Janela vs. Omega could be something that would have got eyes on a PPV card. But "AEW Dark" is a new thing, and I think they're trying to ensure it gets a lot of views in the early going. If Dark is nothing but filler and "not good enough for TV" matches with zero consequence, no one will watch it. If they can convince people early on that you'll get big matches you won't see anywhere else, it's worth it.
UK Kat Von D Posted October 11, 2019 Posted October 11, 2019 Yeah, they are building a brand so they need to give us a reason to watch Dark. As far as throwing away a big match, it isnt an issue if they have big matches for Omega planned out for the next few months. They need to give the guy some wins at the moment anyway
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2019 Stipulation for the next title match - Street Fight
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted October 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2019 Raven used to be cool. But Raven got outdated and cringing later in his career. And Jimmy Havoc's promos are shit versions of a past it Raven interviews, so probably time to hand him his walking papers.
Paid Members BomberPat Posted October 11, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 11, 2019 Havoc's promos are 100x better when he's just being a mouthy prick, rather than leaning in on the goth stuff. Just let him be a nasty bastard.
Love-Wilcox Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 I’ve been hugely critical of JR on pretty much every show that he called pre-Dynamite but these past two weeks I honestly don’t think he’s been bad at all. It might just be the window dressing of Tony and Excalibur that’s making him seem less shit but regardless I’ve been enjoying him much more lately. I’m particularly fond of when you can hear him coaching Excalibur live on air. This week it was something to do with Emi Sakura, Excalibur mentioned she was a Japanese legend but didn’t elaborate on it at all only to be met by JR practically yelling at him “but WHY is she considered a legend?!” prompting Excalibur to spill more details on her background. I just thought that was great.
The King Of Swing Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 Havoc is pretty naff but if his role is to put guys over then I can live with that. AEW needs some designated upper midcard jobbers and he's just about a good enough fit for that role imo. No one is going to cry about Jimmy Havoc being "buried" at least. AEW should start using local jobbers here and there. Would be a nice break between the bigger matches.
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted October 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2019 13 hours ago, BomberPat said: Havoc's promos are 100x better when he's just being a mouthy prick, rather than leaning in on the goth stuff. Just let him be a nasty bastard. We chatted about this on our podcast (cough) - Havoc could really benefit from being 'banned' from TV. Throw out a 'Too Violent For TV' T-shirt or something and advertise how his deathmatches can only be broadcast on PPV because he's so hardcore or something. Keeps him off telly but keeps him relevant.
MPDTT Posted October 12, 2019 Author Posted October 12, 2019 I've been surprised by all the Jimmy Havoc hate, I dont think he's put a foot wrong so far!
Worthits Posted October 12, 2019 Posted October 12, 2019 4 minutes ago, MPDTT said: I've been surprised by all the Jimmy Havoc hate, I dont think he's put a foot wrong so far! You mean the thumbtack bump to the sole?
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 12, 2019 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2019 20 minutes ago, MPDTT said: I've been surprised by all the Jimmy Havoc hate, I dont think he's put a foot wrong so far! He hasn’t put one right
Recommended Posts