Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looks like the Sunday morning airing has already been dropped by itv. Not on today or next week. Interesting to see that the Friday night airing was the same as the FITE tv version with no interruptions. 

Posted
1 hour ago, fozzyrock1986 said:

Looks like the Sunday morning airing has already been dropped by itv. Not on today or next week. Interesting to see that the Friday night airing was the same as the FITE tv version with no interruptions. 

If true and not just a hiccup then the whole ITV thing has been a right fiasco.

Be interesting to see the online streaming/vod numbers.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Now then, Rick, wasn't it you who just popped into the NXT thread to say how it'd been shit for ages, despite it being the best weekly wrestling show on telly for about the last 4 years? ;)  You're cheerleading for this new show, and fair enough (I'm also enjoying it so far) but it's out in the wild now and will get reactions, and they won't all be universally positive.

This must be what it's like to be Meltzer.

I gave my opinion on both shows so far. Don't think either can be classed as "cheerleading". I'll continue to point out hypocrisy though. The reaction to AEW since day one has been full of it.

I've not just popped in to say anything about NXT either. I've held that opinion consistently for years. When it's good, it's outstanding. Week to week, it's hugely overrated. You're right though, easily the best weekly show. That's more of a comment on the others IMO.

Posted

There are some brainwashed AEW fans undoubtedly who would defend the show no matter what. I imagine it's what ECW fans were like back in the day. To be honest.. as annoying as it can be, its almost admirable that AEW have managed to achieve such a loyalty and belief in what is really a short space of time. How that translates on a larger scale is yet to be seen but they have a solid foundation.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

There are some brainwashed AEW fans undoubtedly who would defend the show no matter what. I imagine it's what ECW fans were like back in the day. To be honest.. as annoying as it can be, its almost admirable that AEW have managed to achieve such a loyalty and belief in what is really a short space of time. 

The difference is that ECW fans weren't like that before it had even held one event. Some people had decided this was the promotion to end them all before they'd even announced a match.

Posted

I wouldn’t say they’re brainwashed AEW fans, I’d say they are so blinded by their hatred of WWE and Vince not being their real dad, that they’d have championed anything that had the clout of AEW. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

When Tony Khan eventually gets all frustrated and starts sacking bastards like he did at Fulham, that's when the party will start. Wrestling never goes your way all the time. And this lot are so thinskinned its frightening. Once they hit that "its not new anymore" period, its going to be fun to see the reaction.

Hope that isnt for a long time, because I quite enjoy their weekly TV. But this isnt going to go swimmingly forever.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The difference is that ECW fans weren't like that before it had even held one event. Some people had decided this was the promotion to end them all before they'd even announced a match.

Can you really blame them though? When was the last time a startup company had such a monumental amount of money behind it, a TV deal with TNT and some of the biggest names in the industry who haven’t been tainted by shitty WWE booking? To be fair there was plenty to get excited about before even considering the in-ring stuff.

I’m not saying it’s right to get your hopes up so early on but I can certainly see why there was/is so much hype surrounding AEW.

  • Paid Members
Posted
25 minutes ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Can you really blame them though? When was the last time a startup company had such a monumental amount of money behind it, a TV deal with TNT and some of the biggest names in the industry who haven’t been tainted by shitty WWE booking? To be fair there was plenty to get excited about before even considering the in-ring stuff.

Yeah, I can. There's loads of wrestling around if you don't like WWE. I don't think it needs spelling out why certain parties hitched their wagon to AEW before they'd even done a match, and it had nothing to do with how much money was behind it or what American TV station it was on. Certain people had already made their mind up beforehand and that's stupid.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...