The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Jeff vs Sheamus in a bar fight is very much my type of thing but the shaky camera, terrible non stop cuts and goofy shit made even something as easy to get right as a brawl in a pub between two great wrestlers who always lay it in and bump hard into over produced rubbish. 

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is... is it finally happening?

Put your meat on my meat?! Oooh er. Ha 

Put your meat on my pigeon chest would have been a better phrase! 

I have a horrible suspicion he will lose a title match, get bitter and turn. 

Edited by Michael_3165

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Is... is it finally happening?

Given that Strowman is feuding with Wyatt, I suspect this’ll be building to Styles/Big E for the IC title at Summerslam...which I’m not sure I want to see.

I’m super invested in Big E becoming WWE or Universal champion, but I don’t think I care about E winning another secondary title, even if it has been a long time since he last held it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

I have a horrible suspicion he will lose a title match, get bitter and turn. 

There would be nothing wrong with E as a badass tank that a babyface struggles to withstand because of the combination of muscle mass and energy. Like Monty Brown if TNA had gone all the way with him, or Rhino in a bigger pond.

Drawback ; sell fewer t-shirts.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Jeff vs Sheamus in a bar fight is very much my type of thing but the shaky camera, terrible non stop cuts and goofy shit made even something as easy to get right as a brawl in a pub between two great wrestlers who always lay it in and bump hard into over produced rubbish. 

My initial thought watching it was had the cameraman been drinking. it was like a fight scene from a Bourne film but less cool. And the ending if with the transformation and Jeff swantoning from the ladder on to a crash mat summed it up.

still, it wasn’t the worst pre-recorded fight this week I suppose so there is that. 

Also is Lacey the female Big Show with her turns? I think that’s the third one in the last year

‘You may know Tony from 205 Live....’

Michael Cole sure knows how to put talent over... They narrowly made it seem like Riddle just beat a random jobber.

Newsflash:

Tony Nese is a 15 year veteran and after winning the Cruiserweight Nr.1 contender Tournament he went on to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in front of a sellout crowd of 88.000 at WrestleMania last year. Tony Nese was entrant number 10 in this years Royal Rumble.

Lazy commentating. Getting people over is not rocket science. Put some damn effort in it.

Edited by LWOLeN

A face Big E vs a returning heel Reigns could be all types it amazing.

New Day vs Reigns and Usos etc leading to Reigns and Big E at mania for the belt.

The promos they could cut on each other would be great. Ah it will never happen but I can dream eh.   

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Newsflash:

Tony Nese is a 15 year veteran and won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in front of a sellout crowd of 88.000 at WrestleMania last year.

Partridgeshrug.gif

Edited by PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, LWOLeN said:

‘You may know Tony from 205 Live....’

Michael Cole sure knows how to put talent over... They narrowly made it seem like Riddle just beat a random jobber.

Newsflash:

Tony Nese is a 15 year veteran and after winning the Cruiserweight Nr.1 contender Tournament he went on to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in front of a sellout crowd of 88.000 at WrestleMania last year. Tony Nese was entrant number 10 in this years Royal Rumble.

Lazy commentating. Getting people over is not rocket science. Put some damn effort in it.

I couldn’t remember Tony Nese being in the Royal Rumble at all.

So I looked it up and he wasn’t in the Royal Rumble, which is probably why I don’t remember him being in it.

You may be confusing him with Shelton Benjamin, who was in fact entrant number 10 in this year’s Royal Rumble.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

You may be confusing him with Shelton Benjamin, who was in fact entrant number 10 in this year’s Royal Rumble.

I'm forever getting the two mixed up in fairness.

Nese is dull as fuck anyway.

Edited by PunkStep