The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'd be content for them to do their own thing but stay mates. Y'know, like normal relatable human beings do. They can occasionally team up when booking requires it. Similar to how when DX broke up in 99 but Road Dogg, X-Pac, Chyna and Gunn would back each other up now and then. They could do a better, more consistent version of that.

• Paid Members

Agree with @LaGoosh. Having them competing for individual titles (Big E for the Big One) and bringing them back together for storyline purposes (for example against Braun/Bray Wyatt stable) wouldn't be the worst idea. It would give them a few more options for storylines in each division.

I fully appreciate that WWE will do nothing of the sort though.

Have just seen a clip from Smackdown - possibly a silly question and I am likely giving this WAY too much thought but if The Fiend was carrying what was supposed to be an effigy of the severed head of Manson-Wyatt (signifying he is 'dead') how and why is Manson-Wyatt back on TV?

Have Firefly Funhouse Wyatt and The Fiend gone:or is this a Mankind/Dude Love/Cactus Jack type deal? 

I haven’t seen this week’s show yet, but the vibe I got from the previous week is that having beaten jolly, ‘normal’ Bray at MITB, he now has to beat Wyatt Family Bray, before presumably facing the Fiend at Summerslam in a journey linking together all their ‘history’ or something. 

It all seems semi-canon anyway at the minute so I wouldn’t worry too much about it!

• Paid Members

Just watching the highlights on Paramount now, are all the Taker Highlights just the Phenom, or is there going to be some ginger hair, snakeskin pants "you're gonna pay" Taker as well? 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Statto said:

If they are still getting $1m an episode for this, they stole at least $800k this week.

A replay of a match from the "dead silence" era? What the fuck was that karaoke segment all about?

Try $3,942,307.69 per episode. $205M a year from Fox for 52 episodes of Smackdown. Madness. 

The replay might just be for the UK to fill the time as the US have more and breaks.

What was so bad with this episode?

I gave up with WWE in the pandemic about two months back (apart from skimming through ppvs) as I found the lack of crowd and their trainee crowd shows unbearable. AEW I've stuck with longer however my interest has also fallen after the Stadium Stampede and I mainly just skip through that now.

• Paid Members

I had the first twenty minutes of Smackdown on in the background tonight. To their credit, Big E and Kofi are the best act in WWE for almost making you forget about the shitty empty arena. Them two pissing about, dancing, doing snow angels and throwing their coats at Corey Graves remains super fun, charming and likeable. 

I checked out once Baron Corbin appeared on my screen, but not before hearing Michael Cole legitimately call Matt Riddle, “the bodacious barefoot bro.” Haha! Fucking hell. Vince McMahon and Bruce Pritchard, ladies and gentlemen. I don’t think there are two men more badly lost in time. “Bodacious!” Amazing.

I guess they couldn’t go, “shady sexual assaulter in a SPLX cap.” PG sucks!

46 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I had the first twenty minutes of Smackdown on in the background tonight. To their credit, Big E and Kofi are the best act in WWE for almost making you forget about the shitty empty arena. Them two pissing about, dancing, doing snow angels and throwing their coats at Corey Graves remains super fun, charming and likeable. 

I checked out once Baron Corbin appeared on my screen, but not before hearing Michael Cole legitimately call Matt Riddle, “the bodacious barefoot bro.” Haha! Fucking hell. Vince McMahon and Bruce Pritchard, ladies and gentlemen. I don’t think there are two men more badly lost in time. “Bodacious!” Amazing.

I guess they couldn’t go, “shady sexual assaulter in a SPLX cap.” PG sucks!

No live discussion ;)

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

This is unbelievable. No one has said bodacious (ironically or otherwise) since about 1993.

Why WWE insists on stripping everything away from every character and personality until they can be summed up in one word constantly baffles me. Riddle is the 'bro' guy now and forever, there will never be any more depth or sides to his personality than that for the rest of his career.

Edited by LaGoosh

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Why WWE insists on stripping everything away from every character and personality until they can be summed up in one word constantly baffles me. Riddle is the 'bro' guy now and forever, there will never be any more depth or sides to his personality than that for the rest of his career.

Did he have depth before NXT? I hadn't seen much of his work so curious what else there was about his character that they've taken away.

Smackdown wasn't terrible this week. Certainly better than Raw anyway. I liked the intro. Did make it all feel quite exciting.

Big E is just on a whole other level of energy.

Sasha and Bayley continue to be a highlight.

Styles/Riddle was a decent early effort from both guys. Didn't bury the bro in defeat. Although I wish he didn't have to work with Corbin.

WWE do seem to like stripping them back and making them "theirs". 

As someone who has worked with and know a couple of the new Australian talent, I can't help but feel sorry for them namely because whatever made them unique or cool has been stripped away.

Brandan Vink is one of the biggest, arrogant, smuggest cockheads in the world. He swaggers to the rings, did his pose, and proclaim about how because he was 6 foot 4 he was practically guaranteed a WWE contract one day. He was a phenomenal heel. In WWE, he just *walks* to the ring and is a generic heel. It's heartbreaker. If you want to see just HOW good he is, I suggest you check out his series "Trophy Life". 

And Bronson Reed! FUCK! That guy is money. As "The King of Monster" Jonah Rock, one of the best, and most terrifying monster heels I have ever had the privilege of working with, and he is a fairly inoffensive babyface. :( Ironically a lovely bloke too. 

The exception of Rhea Ripley. They took a young and incredibly talented young person and turned her into one of the best badasses in the world. Kudos for that.