The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I was enjoying the hell out of the bar fight until Jeff magically transformed. Don't know why ALL these things have to involve some kind of supernatural element.

I can definitely see Big E taking the IC Title off AJ at SummerSlam, given they've suggested a 6 week absence for Kofi & that Braun vs Fiend seems nailed on for that event. But yeah, let's see him push on from there, and Woods & Kingston can be the tag team when they both come back.

Don't think Lacey actually really 'turned' at any point, did she? She's just suddenly a heel again. Seems to be the way of the world these days.

Like many, much of the events of this year has taken me more out of wrestling than ever before. A Big E title chase is perhaps one of the only things that could keep me invested at this stage. I've posted many times previously how i believe there's so many reason why he is the guy. But don't switch him, he's your babyface. That bit with Kofi is the exact feel and approach i'd want them to take. If it happens without a crowd and as a result where i can't be bothered to watch that will be hugely gutting.

They so, so almost had that ending perfect. When the Fiend music kicked in I was like “oh shit”. Perhaps one of the better times they’ve done the ‘horror’ aspect in a long time. Then there was the slow tension build as he threatened the mandible claw. It was all falling into place... and then the minute he locks it on, the crowd noise from Windows 98 kicks in with its fake BOOS, and I was completely out of it once more.

Bah. 

First WWE show I’ve watched in ages, pretty much entirely based on the feedback here. I enjoyed it, it was an easy watch.

Sonya Deville must be one of the most under-utilised wrestlers around, she’s brilliant and really should be filling the badass babyface void left by Becky Lynch. I strongly suspect she’d be getting over huge if there was a crowd around. Her promos are great and her in ring work has come on leaps and bounds. I’d much prefer to see her unseat Bayley than Any of the other Smackdown options. 

I’d not seen Gran Metalik wrestle before, but his match with AJ was a lot of fun. 

If the conclusion to Big E’s singles run is anything less than a World title win, the guy is being done a massive disservice.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That closing segment was the most tone deaf thing I’ve seen them do in recent times

Can you expand a bit on why you think it's "tone deaf"? I quite liked the segment myself, but perhaps I'm missing something. 

I liked it. Always up for something a little different. The size of the people doesn't really matter. It's all about intimidation and strength in numbers. Nexus as individuals weren't all big blokes with big personalities. It was all about the unpredictable nature of their actions. Same here. Cocky people out for whatever they believe should be theirs.

Could it have been better? Of course. But the idea is solid and the intrigue is there enough that I want to know who it is and what's going on.

Highlight of the show again was Big E. That promo was a masterclass. What a man.