Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

1 hour ago, LWOLeN said:

‘You may know Tony from 205 Live....’

Michael Cole sure knows how to put talent over... They narrowly made it seem like Riddle just beat a random jobber.

Newsflash:

Tony Nese is a 15 year veteran and after winning the Cruiserweight Nr.1 contender Tournament he went on to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in front of a sellout crowd of 88.000 at WrestleMania last year. Tony Nese was entrant number 10 in this years Royal Rumble.

Lazy commentating. Getting people over is not rocket science. Put some damn effort in it.

I couldn’t remember Tony Nese being in the Royal Rumble at all.

So I looked it up and he wasn’t in the Royal Rumble, which is probably why I don’t remember him being in it.

You may be confusing him with Shelton Benjamin, who was in fact entrant number 10 in this year’s Royal Rumble.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

13 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

You may be confusing him with Shelton Benjamin, who was in fact entrant number 10 in this year’s Royal Rumble.

I'm forever getting the two mixed up in fairness.

Nese is dull as fuck anyway.

Edited by PunkStep

It's possible that they weren't actually trying to get Tony Nese over.

Big E push/eventual title win will be crap without proper crowds. For once, I wouldn't mind if WWE held off on it for a while.

I was enjoying the hell out of the bar fight until Jeff magically transformed. Don't know why ALL these things have to involve some kind of supernatural element.

I can definitely see Big E taking the IC Title off AJ at SummerSlam, given they've suggested a 6 week absence for Kofi & that Braun vs Fiend seems nailed on for that event. But yeah, let's see him push on from there, and Woods & Kingston can be the tag team when they both come back.

Don't think Lacey actually really 'turned' at any point, did she? She's just suddenly a heel again. Seems to be the way of the world these days.

Like many, much of the events of this year has taken me more out of wrestling than ever before. A Big E title chase is perhaps one of the only things that could keep me invested at this stage. I've posted many times previously how i believe there's so many reason why he is the guy. But don't switch him, he's your babyface. That bit with Kofi is the exact feel and approach i'd want them to take. If it happens without a crowd and as a result where i can't be bothered to watch that will be hugely gutting.

The highlights of the Swamp fight on SD actually made it look like I might enjoy it. I would never have called Alexa turning up as Sister Abigail or whatever the fuck. I might watch it one day.....

They so, so almost had that ending perfect. When the Fiend music kicked in I was like “oh shit”. Perhaps one of the better times they’ve done the ‘horror’ aspect in a long time. Then there was the slow tension build as he threatened the mandible claw. It was all falling into place... and then the minute he locks it on, the crowd noise from Windows 98 kicks in with its fake BOOS, and I was completely out of it once more.

Bah. 

I liked how Alexa Bliss had more self respect than Seth Rollins, not screaming or crying in fear.

Edited by Supremo

First WWE show I’ve watched in ages, pretty much entirely based on the feedback here. I enjoyed it, it was an easy watch.

Sonya Deville must be one of the most under-utilised wrestlers around, she’s brilliant and really should be filling the badass babyface void left by Becky Lynch. I strongly suspect she’d be getting over huge if there was a crowd around. Her promos are great and her in ring work has come on leaps and bounds. I’d much prefer to see her unseat Bayley than Any of the other Smackdown options. 

I’d not seen Gran Metalik wrestle before, but his match with AJ was a lot of fun. 

If the conclusion to Big E’s singles run is anything less than a World title win, the guy is being done a massive disservice.