The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I liked it. Always up for something a little different. The size of the people doesn't really matter. It's all about intimidation and strength in numbers. Nexus as individuals weren't all big blokes with big personalities. It was all about the unpredictable nature of their actions. Same here. Cocky people out for whatever they believe should be theirs.

There is zero intimidation though. Nexus had big blokes in there too. Ryback is a unit and Wade had some height to him, while Darren Young and Otunga were beefy too. Considering the angle and what they were going for, you need to be somewhat intimidating. Otherwise everyone is wondering why security aren't recreating that great Loki picture.

I saw a video of it on twitter and I thought it looked absolutely ridiculous. It's Nexus but everyone is Justin Gabriel.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

There is zero intimidation though. Nexus had big blokes in there too. Ryback is a unit and Wade had some height to him, while Darren Young and Otunga were beefy too. Considering the angle and what they were going for, you need to be somewhat intimidating. Otherwise everyone is wondering why security aren't recreating that great Loki picture.

I saw a video of it on twitter and I thought it looked absolutely ridiculous. It's Nexus but everyone is Justin Gabriel.

The other thing is that Nexus beat the hell out of John Cena, CM Punk and Luke Gallows when they first arrived. They beat up all the commentators and referees and looked like they'd hurt you. These guys ran everyone off, did a couple of terrible looking attacks on the fans that everyone knows aren't fans, hit the ring with baseball bats accomplishing nothing, and then cut the ropes and were very pleased with themselves. The whole thing was anemic.

• Paid Members

In that initial angle the Nexus lads were all very intimidating. THAT shot of Tarver in the crowd with the face mask was scary as fuck. As others have said, Ryback, Wade and Otunga were big lads who looked tough, Bryan carried himself as dangerous and while Gabriel and Slater aren't the biggest guys they at least looked like they could probably handle the average person without much trouble. These skinny midgets swinging bats around looked completely unthreatening. Hard to buy them as dangerous when I reckon Sheamus, Matt Riddle or Big E could probably handle them all single handed.

Also: fuck that extra shakey camera nonsense too.

Edited by LaGoosh

51 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Wouldn't be shocked if it's some of the recently released talent. That guy with the bat is his skinny jeans could be Drake Maverick, but even then I think Drake is bigger.

Reckon there could be something else that would give Drake away the second he opens his mouth.

@DavidB6937- I totally get where your coming from, but perception is everything. Granted, the business has moved on a lot from when we first got into it when guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were considered small, but one of these guys can barely see over the top rope.

Pardon the cliché but you get one chance to make a first impression, and at this stage the UKFF Vest Crew are more imposing than this lot.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, mim731 said:

Can you expand a bit on why you think it's "tone deaf"? I quite liked the segment myself, but perhaps I'm missing something. 

I just think, with all of the protests and looting we have seen in the US of late, and them at one point surrounding a woman to attack her, it’s in poor taste. The fact that someone came out on Monday and said it’s got nothing to do with Antifa or anything political means they must feel there could be a correlation.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I suppose that subliminally gave my impression as to the size of these guys that I could immediately and without question assume a woman to be one of the 205 Live Gang.

Edited by FelatioLips

Just now, Duke said:

Also, that particular person is a woman. 

I just watched this on YouTube after reading about it in this thread and my initial thought, before watching it, was maybe they were all women going by the size of them.  Clearly not the case when you have audio and hear them mind!  The hair on the one woman looks very much like Vanessa Borne while the tiny woman appears to be Kacy Catanzaro.

44 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Reckon there could be something else that would give Drake away the second he opens his mouth.

@DavidB6937- I totally get where your coming from, but perception is everything. Granted, the business has moved on a lot from when we first got into it when guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were considered small, but one of these guys can barely see over the top rope.

Pardon the cliché but you get one chance to make a first impression, and at this stage the UKFF Vest Crew are more imposing than this lot.

Bret was actually massive by today's standards. I met him once and he was built and fairly tall. These guys look like children (I've got more intimidating 16yos on my estate!) 

37 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Bret was actually massive by today's standards. I met him once and he was built and fairly tall. These guys look like children (I've got more intimidating 16yos on my estate!) 

But that’s what I mean. Bret used to be, rightly or wrongly, considered small, but stick him next to this lot and he looks The Warlord

Edited by WyattSheepMask