The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Is that actually going to them though? Is it not just a diversion to stop people guessing who it is? 

Apparently it was just a bunch of extras. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have no idea who is going to be in the group.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I just think, with all of the protests and looting we have seen in the US of late, and them at one point surrounding a woman to attack her, it’s in poor taste. The fact that someone came out on Monday and said it’s got nothing to do with Antifa or anything political means they must feel there could be a correlation.

Ah I see! Thanks for clarifying, makes sense. Although I don't think it evoked too much of that personally, I can certainly see why you might make that connection. Hopefully they can refine the idea in the coming weeks to avoid potential parallels being drawn. 

On the size thing, I wonder (like others have posited) if this might be a Black Scorpion type deal where they have different people involved of different shapes and sizes to throw people off the scent.

This angle could also be a great way to tie back to the seemingly abandoned hacker angle from the past few months. I'm not sure how you retcon it exactly, but there's certainly scope to do so. They probably won't, because reasons, but it would be a great way to resolve that loose end.

• Paid Members

Much like with what they did on Raw, I don’t want to fault them for at least trying something new. But yeah; it genuinely looked like small children invading.

Fuck that closing angle though. The big news coming out of this show is how Big E effortlessly delivered another stonking promo. This guy, man. Fucking hell. They spend years trying to find a genuine top babyface, and Big E has been here, under their nose, the whole time. What a gem they have with him. Famous last words, but he’s so fucking great and so naturally likeable that I’m almost convinced they couldn’t ruin him.

Now he’s a heel, surely they’re going to change Shorty G’s name to Naughty G, right?

Edited by Supremo

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Are they still pissing about with that hacker gimmick? I could totally see these black bloc lot being linked to that, someone on the writing staff was watching Mr Robot.

to think they could have had a tie in with watch dogs 3 and the whole hacker shtick, i have this sneaky feeling that the main leader of the group is rusev

1 minute ago, buba3d said:

to think they could have had a tie in with watch dogs 3 and the whole hacker shtick, i have this sneaky feeling that the main leader of the group is rusev

He's now a hacker working for Russia? Funding anarchist activities...

I could never see Vince being so on the ball but I'd be morbidly curious over such a dreadful angle.

23 hours ago, Supremo said:

Much like with what they did on Raw, I don’t want to fault them for at least trying something new. But yeah; it genuinely looked like small children invading.

Fuck that closing angle though. The big news coming out of this show is how Big E effortlessly delivered another stonking promo. This guy, man. Fucking hell. They spend years trying to find a genuine top babyface, and Big E has been here, under their nose, the whole time. What a gem they have with him. Famous last words, but he’s so fucking great and so naturally likeable that I’m almost convinced they couldn’t ruin him.

Now he’s a heel, surely they’re going to change Shorty G’s name to Naughty G, right?

Perhaps all this time fucking about with the New Day as faces might help him out massively in the long run as he probably knows better than some of the main even faces already how to keep an audience engaged and on his side.

Would be nice as well if he has a bit of a backbone to tell people where to go with shit ideas. He's a big enough star to work anywhere he wants and has probably made a fair wack from merch over the years that he isn't so concerned with "losing his push".

• Paid Members

SmackDown was a bit shit wasn't it? That ending angle was cringe inducingly bad. My brother, who hasn't watched since about 2002/2003 came into the room and the conversation went like this:

Brother: "What the fuck is this shit you're watching?"

Me: "SmackDown. It's terrible"

Brother: "A bunch of midgets running about making a pile of racket. They must be losing money hand over fist these days."

Me: "Actually. . . With the TV deal, they are making more than ever before."

Brother: "Well I bet you that TV station feels like they got royally shafted. Surely there's only you and about two other people still watching it"

Me: "Probably". 

• Paid Members

I thought Smackdown was really good. Probably best episode this year. I thought the woman’s match did a great job of setting up multiple feuds, big E cutting more great promos. Rebellion were less annoying, though the agenda still doesn’t seem to make sense. Joseph Park!!!!

the only duff bit was the last segment, Braun just doesn’t have the ability to pull off the acting required. Just cringey