Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2020 The second Thunderdome photo doesn't look too terrible, at an angle. The hard cam one gives me a headache looking at a still photo, never mind watching that in motion. Jesus. Hopefully that's just them testing the tech, and there's some other additions they'll bring in, because that plus light shows, lasers, a cut every half-second, and Byron Saxton screaming is going to induce fucking seizures. It's like a monkey's paw wish, after all the years I've asked for them to refresh their production and do things differently, we get this and RAW Underground. I take it all back. Guarantee you that on Monday there'll be someone claiming that they had their feed cut on ThunderDome because they wore an AEW T-shirt. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted August 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2020 I'd have thought the chances of a fan starting casually masturbating or something on-screen is pretty high if they're broadcasting live. Quote
The Gaffer Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 (edited) 55 minutes ago, BomberPat said: Guarantee you that on Monday there'll be someone claiming that they had their feed cut on ThunderDome because they wore an AEW T-shirt. They probably won't be lying. The terms and conditions for appearing on it seem to cover those bases quite comprehensively: https://www.pwmania.com/full-guidelines-for-wwe-thunderdome-attendance-revealed Quote 5. You may not say or do anything during your participation in the WWE ThunderDome (whether or not you are appearing on the television broadcast at the time) that, in the sole discretion of WWE: * constitutes a political statement or endorsement; * is or could reasonably be considered offensive, obscene, discriminatory or distasteful, including, without limitation, making or appearing to make any obscene or lewd gestures, or saying or appearing to say any obscene or lewd words or statements (including, without limitation, cursing); * is violent in any way; * disparages or reflects adversely the WWE or any of its athletes, sponsors, or affiliates; * promotes, infringes or violates the rights of any third-party; or * promotes the brand of any third-party. 6. Your attire must be appropriate and must remain on at all times. We reserve the right to not allow you to participate (or to immediately terminate your participation) if you are not appropriately attired (as determined in our sole discretion). Your attire may not contain any immoral graphics, images or texts, any political statements, slogans, logos, images, texts, or graphics, or any logos, graphics or other commercial identification of third parties (other than the WWE, its athletes and sponsors). Officially licensed WWE clothing is preferred. 7. The environment and background you are in during the WWE ThunderDome must also be appropriate. It may not depict logos, graphics, images or other commercial identifications of non-WWE parties (including, without limitation, signs or product placements), any immoral graphics, images or texts, or any political statements, slogans, logos, images, texts, or graphics. We reserve the right to not allow you to participate (or to immediately terminate your participation) in the WWE ThunderDome if your environment or background are deemed to be inappropriate (as determined in our sole discretion) or if you alter the environment or background once you have entered the WWE ThunderDome to one that we deem to be inappropriate (also as determined in our sole discretion). I mean shit, this is probably the dream homogenised crowd they've always dreamed off. Bet if this pandemic goes on and on they'll get away with charging for tickets and never look back. Batista Vs. Orton for WrestleMania 2021. Edited August 21, 2020 by Gay as FOOK Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 3 hours ago, WeeAl said: So are they hoping that these people yell and scream at their TV at home, as if they were actually in the arena? I can see that going down really well in households. Especially at 3am over here. I know I wouldn't be too pleased if I was in bed, and somebody else in the house was shouting at Randy Orton to tell him he's a cunt for not busting out three dives, eight head drops and seventeen thigh slaps. I was thinking this. I mean fans don't make as much noise as they used to in the arenas anyway but expecting them to shout and chant in their own homes is a bit... weird. I think the concept seemed like a good idea but looking at it there it's just bizarre. Wrestling needs a live crowd in the arena with the wrestlers. Also why is there the same woman in all the front row ringside seats? Did she pay for all of them!? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2020 47 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Also why is there the same woman in all the front row ringside seats? Did she pay for all of them!? It’s just a rehearsal. I imagine they were just testing things out and that’s why she appeared in all of them. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2020 This looks absolutely dreadful. I cannot wait to watch it tonight! Have they confirmed if all shows will be filmed here, or just Smackdown/PPV's? Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2020 28 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: This looks absolutely dreadful. I cannot wait to watch it tonight! Have they confirmed if all shows will be filmed here, or just Smackdown/PPV's? I think it’s everything excluding NXT for the foreseeable future. Surely people are going to abuse it? I fully expect Jimmy Saville at Summerslam. Quote
The Dart Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said: I was thinking this. I mean fans don't make as much noise as they used to in the arenas anyway but expecting them to shout and chant in their own homes is a bit... weird. Apparently we won't actually be able to hear the fans at home, just see them. Any crowd noise we hear on TV will be artificial. Quote
Tiki Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 Not sure how I'm the first to mention... but fuck me, Black Mirror is getting way too close for comfort! Fifteen Million Merits. Good episode when it's fictional, not so much in real life. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 21, 2020 Paid Members Posted August 21, 2020 14 minutes ago, The Dart said: Apparently we won't actually be able to hear the fans at home, just see them. Any crowd noise we hear on TV will be artificial. This could be even funnier. Imagine everyone sat there stoney faced while you hear chants and clapping being piped in Quote
The Dart Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 I may have misread what the person was saying. It might be he meant that the people in the "crowd" can't hear each other, so they can't react to chants and stuff. But we will be able to hear them. I'm not sure, I did only skim through the post. Guess we'll find out tonight. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 50 minutes ago, The Dart said: Apparently we won't actually be able to hear the fans at home, just see them. Any crowd noise we hear on TV will be artificial. Oh God... Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 (edited) 51 minutes ago, The Dart said: Edited August 21, 2020 by Snitsky's back acne Double post. Quote
Vamp Posted August 21, 2020 Posted August 21, 2020 It's odd to me that football is piping in fake crowd noise and the wrestling isn't. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.