The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

You could write a book on what a botched career Roman Reigns has had. Has this company ever had worse timing? I’m still super intrigued by a Roman and Paul Heyman partnership, but imagine if they’d done it when it was originally teased leading into Summerslam 2018? Back when they had fans? It would’ve been absolutely incredible.

Big fan of Roman spending his time away getting new teeth and hitting the gym like a motherfucker, whereas Sami Zayn returns looking even worse than when he left. His dedication to looking like shit is genuinely admirable.

Edited by Supremo

Late or not, I'm all for it. Even if they don't have any fans. As we've all established, no company can afford to wait until they have a proper audience. So I'm glad they're doing something interesting with Reigns. And yes, if it gives them time to build a proper heel Roman vs Big E at some point in the future then I'm all in.

Thought it was Pretty solid show.

Zayn being back is good, leads straight into new story, lucky for him looking like shit adds to his character.

Surely no one can moan about Reigns Heyman combo? 

Roman "can't talk" now has a great main event talker for him, he's finally a heel so the boos are right now, he looks solid and gives SD a proper focus.

Surely they've gotta all in and give him new music and gear

As a heel champ Reigns vs Hardy, Riddle could be solid ppv matches to tick them over til .....Big E vs Big Dog at the Biggest Show!!!!

Edited by The Cutting Edge

• Paid Members

Yep. My greatest fear is Roman, Brock and Heyman becoming a heel faction and then Roman turning back face in that shit Randy Orton-Evolution/Seth Rollins-The Authority way, where you only become a face by default because your mates turned on you.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m thrilled they’re at least trying something genuinely new with Roman, and I hope the whole thing is a massive success, but let’s not pretend his entire career doesn’t point to them fucking this up. Nothing would be more fitting to the trajectory of Roman’s career than them cutting his bollocks off in the hope of making him the Brock-conquering babyface one more time. Vince is going to go to his grave trying to get that moment.

This is it though. The time is now. If he doesn’t come out on Sunday in new gear and with new music he never will. Look at the shape he’s in! Brick shithouse! Get this fucker some trunks!

D361DF3C-FA6E-4E4C-BEBE-1E970951B5BC.thumb.jpeg.e753785e5b9ec04403688619183ecd8c.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

59 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Yep. My greatest fear is Roman, Brock and Heyman becoming a heel faction and then Roman turning back face in that shit Randy Orton-Evolution/Seth Rollins-The Authority way, where you only become a face by default because your mates turned on you.

Don’t get me wrong - I’m thrilled they’re at least trying something genuinely new with Roman, and I hope the whole thing is a massive success, but let’s not pretend his entire career doesn’t point to them fucking this up. Nothing would be more fitting to the trajectory of Roman’s career than them cutting his bollocks off in the hope of making him the Brock-conquering babyface one more time. Vince is going to go to his grave trying to get that moment.

This is it though. The time is now. If he doesn’t come out on Sunday in new gear and with new music he never will. Look at the shape he’s in! Brick shithouse! Get this fucker some trunks!

D361DF3C-FA6E-4E4C-BEBE-1E970951B5BC.thumb.jpeg.e753785e5b9ec04403688619183ecd8c.jpeg

Gotta be new gear, music EVERYTHING time, this could be one of a few things that has come good of 2020. 

Give him the belt tomorrow, boos will come as expected and now part of it as smash the shit out of babyfaces...Hardy, Riddle, Bryan all liked by fans 

• Paid Members

It’s also a bit weird that he’s seemingly turning heel whilst feuding with The Fiend and Strowman, both heels themselves.

Watch - this whole thing will end up being a Paul Heyman babyface turn, as Vince continues to never ever give in.

The way this ends is as so:

Roman brings Heyman to ring.

Roman wins title.

Heyman is happy.

Roman is happy.

Roman's face changes from very happy to very serious in a way that only happens during wrestling turns,

Roman superman punches Heyman.

Lesnar returns in a few weeks/months.

Reigns/Lesnar feud.

Nothing changes.