The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Wasn't it pretty obvious that Sasha was going to turn face? They have been playing on it for months now. Bayley is so much better as a heel at the minute. She's literally gone from an afterthought to one of the top guys in the company. 

Absolutely agree - there was no way they were going through this split with Bayley turning face. Her heel work is what has won Vince over and it's the best work she's done on the main roster. You'd have to be fucking mad to take that away.

Sasha's got the cool factor going for her. She can easily tone down the arrogance and be the face here. She was great as the baby in peril in that match where Shayna was destroying her.

A couple of years ago I'd agree and think anyone would be mad for suggesting a heel Bayley vs face Sasha match but it's absolutely the way they should go right now.

• Paid Members

I guess it shows how little attention I’ve been paying to them - especially during the Performance Centre era. I hadn’t noticed any hints that Sasha would be the face!  I guess we’ll see. Not that anything like that really matters anymore though - they’ll just pump in whatever reaction they want.

It’s been teased for so long I’ve genuinely lost track. Is this the first time they’ve properly split up and will likely have a PPV match?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Supremo said:

Otherwise I can’t fathom them teasing the break up of Sasha and Bayley for years and then finally pulling the trigger with Sasha as the babyface and Bayley as the heel. Goes directly against their natural strengths.

On top of what others have said about Bayley doing well as a heel, I imagine another round of face Bayley vs heel Banks would have wound up compared unfavourably to their first feud in NXT, which was executed perfectly. To be honest, Sashas fake turn in that Elimination Chamber they were both in (won by Alexa) was superb and better executed than anything they’d do today anyway, even if it didn’t last and didn’t even blow off in a match at Mania, with them having their little spat at the conclusion of the pre show battle royal won by, errrr, Naomi.

I was worried that Heyman was just going to do Brocks spiel for Reigns, glad he changed it up. Reigns looks like an absolute beast. He definitely does not suit that music or Roman Empire graphics now. 

I thought the Bayley/Sasha beat down went on way too long, with a real crowd I would be intrigued with the heel and face roles reversed. With no fans will Sasha really be a face anyway? Lets say Sasha returns at HIAC or Survivor Series and costs Bayley her match if its inter-brand again. That would get a big pop but with the virtual crowd and the weird crowd audio that I still don't really understand then its just flat. 

I've been saying to anyone who will listen for a few years now that Jey Uso could be the breakout of The Usos, he has an intensity that Jimmy doesn't have. Im definitely intrigued by the match and im happy to see where the story goes. If it doesn't go on last at Clash then I imagine Roman just 'wrecks Jey and leaves' 

Roman dropping 'My Yard for 'My Island' got me thinking something family related was coming up. When is Jimmy due back? I can't remember what injury he was out with. 

Edited by rollthedice

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed Smackdown, the time flew by this week. It helps that the focus is on a few different people now. Outside of the Miz / Morrison antics (you wouldn't believe Morrison is an actual actor), I don't think there was much bad on the show.

I don't know if I'm reading too much into things, but Corbin's promo at the beginning about nepotism and power seemed like a dig at AEW.

Bayley and Reigns are the two best heels in the company, if not wrestling right now. Reigns has some brilliant little subtleties to his act now, such as slowly sauntering to the ring or looking at Jey like a piece of shit when he touched him.

Such good shit. Still doesn't top Dynamite from this week, but to see them focusing on the right people such as Big E etc, just makes you wonder how they didn't see Miro's potential as soon as the evil Russian / Bulgarian gimmick wore thin.

Smackdown is a very fun watch right now, and Reigns is knocking it out of the park. I’m starting to wonder, however, if the person who takes the Universal title from Reigns is going to be Drew McIntyre and not Big E. 

I could see him moving over in the draft after losing to Orton, with Big E going to Raw giving us ‘Mania title matches of Orton vs Big E and Reigns vs McIntyre.

I’m stupidly invested in the prospect of Reigns/Big E, but I can’t really argue against that other potential route.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
On 9/12/2020 at 3:10 PM, uklaw said:

Someone with better knowledge might be able to help here.

If we proceed on the basis that the creative structure is has been reported, why can’t the same writers get a tune out of RAW but can, by and large, out of Smackdown.

There's rarely ever been a time since the brands split where they've both been good. Usually it was because Smackdown always got fucked over in the drafts and they had to spend months either building up some new acts or giving up and letting guys jump around the shows. The fact that they've now got one writing team and Smackdown on Fox is clearly the priority means Raw comes across as it is, an afterthought.

35 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

I still can't get over that we're getting this version of Roman Reigns when there is nobody there to react to it 😂

Probably why they've done it now.   All the morons would be cheering him.   You only had to look at how many of the virtual audience were clapping when he won at Payback.

Big E! What a man. That intensity. Jeez I can't wait for this Big E vs the Roman we have now. I've got a semi just thinking about it.

Wasn't too sold on Sasha's crying. Just wasn't sure where they were going with it. But I believed her by the end and I'm glad they had Bayley attack her. Not like she was at a far away location.

Roman/Jey continues to be a nice story to watch. Loving Roman's facials. He is so done with Use's shit. Heyman is fun to watch in the background too.

IC ladder match should be all kinds of awesome with those gents involved.

Good to see Nikki pick up some momentum. Wonder how her title match will go. Can't see her winning. Sasha has to take it. Guessing it'll be something Lexi related to cause her to lose.

Otis storyline continues to be a low point but at least it's usually mercifully short.

Bro. Fuck off.