Jump to content

The Smackers Thread


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I know it's WWE logic and all that, but in Kayfabe terms surely the "biggest stakes attached to a match" or whatever it's going to be, is going to have to be pretty fucking massive to trump "loser loses an eye".

Loser gets murdered? 

Biggest steaks and Jey has to cook his Tribal Chief a banquet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget: the clocks changed last week so if you want to record Smackdown you probably need some professional help.

What a Mark. 

Rob Gronkowski's ring entrance in an empty arena was the most embarrassing and cringy thing I may have ever seen as a wrestling fan. And thats coming from somebody whose parents were in the room when

Posted Images

Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E??

You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3???

Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E???

Makes them seem absolute idiots 

Overall it's the right move splitting them up without going the usual one of them turning etc but if they want this to seem like a real draft then at least put some effort into making it seem realistic. 

And Seth to Smackdown had to happen but Rey and Dominik follow him to carry on this never ending feud.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

“What does a star look like?”
HO8Z1nj.jpg
That’s your answer right there

Genuinely mind blowing that it took them so long to get here. So many years wasted force feeding him as the white meat baby face, big wins over Brock and Taker to try and solidify him but nothing has worked as much as this character.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E??

You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3???

Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E???

Makes them seem absolute idiots 

 

The thing that annoys me most isn't so much that they did this (same with Heavy Machinery), it's the fact they didn't think it merited any sort of explanation. They could easily have had Michael Cole say that he's hearing Fox negotiated with USA to keep Big E when they heard RAW had selected New Day. In an industry where a rival company is telling long-term storylines very, very well these long-standing WWE habits become infinitely more annoying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Is anyone else wondering about the big orange naked child sculpture in the background? Just really odd and out of place. 

I’m more intrigued in the Plate Cabinet if I’m honest.
Either way, that’s what a fucking star looks like, and I hope Reigns has enough sway now to say “that doesn’t work for me, brother” to doing any stupid shit that’ll ruin this run

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

I haven’t watched wwe bar YouTube videos for a long while, but seeing they have split New Day bus draft pick is one of the stupidest things I have read they have done in  years. I know they don’t care re PPV buys, but surely they could have bumped a rating with a build to new days last stand together? We all know it’s gonna lead to a forced “moment” at mania where they recreate the Kofi moment when Big E wins the title, are they really so short of ideas? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E??

You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3???

Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E???

Makes them seem absolute idiots. 

 

Tbf if you look at the ratings USA are getting on the whole, them not getting Big E isn't a big surprise. Wonder if NBC Universal with take stock at the next shareholders meeting 🤔

New Day were going to be split up one day. I'm happy it wasn't one of them turning heel on the other. They can do stuff together at the PPVs. If Big E wins a title at WM, his mates can celebrate with him and vice versa. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

New Day were going to be split up one day. I'm happy it wasn't one of them turning heel on the other. They can do stuff together at the PPVs. If Big E wins a title at WM, his mates can celebrate with him and vice versa. 

Agreed. Assuming this separate shows thing sticks, I'd like to think they'll still remain New Day, just with members on both shows and getting together when they can. Working together to help E win the Rumble would be a nice touch.

Guessing Street Profits swap places with Kofi & Woods (particularly as Belair has gone that way) and perhaps they'll use that opportunity to rename & replace the tag belts that Prichard is on record as despising? WWE Tag Team Champions & Universal Tag Team Champions, following the top singles titles?

Edited by Statto
Fixing awful grammar.
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m more intrigued in the Plate Cabinet if I’m honest.
Either way, that’s what a fucking star looks like, and I hope Reigns has enough sway now to say “that doesn’t work for me, brother” to doing any stupid shit that’ll ruin this run

Roman told Vince he wasn’t going to be turning up to work for a few months and kept his job. Came back on his terms and became top dog immediately. Surely he’s got a lot of control in what he does/doesn’t do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Roman told Vince he wasn’t going to be turning up to work for a few months and kept his job. Came back on his terms and became top dog immediately. Surely he’s got a lot of control in what he does/doesn’t do?

There were stories involving Kevin Owens and Curtis Axel on this week’s Wrestle Me that suggest Vince prefers people who stand up to him or don’t just do what he wants without argument. Following that logic you wonder if Roman would have been turned if he’d stuck around the whole time this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Louch said:

I haven’t watched wwe bar YouTube videos for a long while, but seeing they have split New Day bus draft pick is one of the stupidest things I have read they have done in  years. I know they don’t care re PPV buys, but surely they could have bumped a rating with a build to new days last stand together? We all know it’s gonna lead to a forced “moment” at mania where they recreate the Kofi moment when Big E wins the title, are they really so short of ideas? 

Are you saying that pushing Big E is a bad idea? I can't tell. I don't think giving him a push is being 'short of ideas' as he's one that many fans have been excited about for a while. While I'm not sure about the New Day split, I'm certainly not against a Big E singles run at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...