RedRooster Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said: Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E?? You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3??? Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E??? Makes them seem absolute idiots The thing that annoys me most isn't so much that they did this (same with Heavy Machinery), it's the fact they didn't think it merited any sort of explanation. They could easily have had Michael Cole say that he's hearing Fox negotiated with USA to keep Big E when they heard RAW had selected New Day. In an industry where a rival company is telling long-term storylines very, very well these long-standing WWE habits become infinitely more annoying. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 (edited) 57 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said: Is anyone else wondering about the big orange naked child sculpture in the background? Just really odd and out of place. I’m more intrigued in the Plate Cabinet if I’m honest. Either way, that’s what a fucking star looks like, and I hope Reigns has enough sway now to say “that doesn’t work for me, brother” to doing any stupid shit that’ll ruin this run Edited October 10, 2020 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Guest Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 I haven’t watched wwe bar YouTube videos for a long while, but seeing they have split New Day bus draft pick is one of the stupidest things I have read they have done in years. I know they don’t care re PPV buys, but surely they could have bumped a rating with a build to new days last stand together? We all know it’s gonna lead to a forced “moment” at mania where they recreate the Kofi moment when Big E wins the title, are they really so short of ideas? Quote
Tsurutagun Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said: Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E?? You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3??? Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E??? Makes them seem absolute idiots. Tbf if you look at the ratings USA are getting on the whole, them not getting Big E isn't a big surprise. Wonder if NBC Universal with take stock at the next shareholders meeting ? New Day were going to be split up one day. I'm happy it wasn't one of them turning heel on the other. They can do stuff together at the PPVs. If Big E wins a title at WM, his mates can celebrate with him and vice versa. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted October 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2020 (edited) 13 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said: New Day were going to be split up one day. I'm happy it wasn't one of them turning heel on the other. They can do stuff together at the PPVs. If Big E wins a title at WM, his mates can celebrate with him and vice versa. Agreed. Assuming this separate shows thing sticks, I'd like to think they'll still remain New Day, just with members on both shows and getting together when they can. Working together to help E win the Rumble would be a nice touch. Guessing Street Profits swap places with Kofi & Woods (particularly as Belair has gone that way) and perhaps they'll use that opportunity to rename & replace the tag belts that Prichard is on record as despising? WWE Tag Team Champions & Universal Tag Team Champions, following the top singles titles? Edited October 10, 2020 by Statto Fixing awful grammar. Quote
Mr Kennedy Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: I’m more intrigued in the Plate Cabinet if I’m honest. Either way, that’s what a fucking star looks like, and I hope Reigns has enough sway now to say “that doesn’t work for me, brother” to doing any stupid shit that’ll ruin this run Roman told Vince he wasn’t going to be turning up to work for a few months and kept his job. Came back on his terms and became top dog immediately. Surely he’s got a lot of control in what he does/doesn’t do? Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted October 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2020 I suppose they could explain the New Day Split by saying that because Kofi and Woods are the Tag Champions they are counted as a separate pick to Big E as Champions. Not that they ever do anything logically Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted October 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2020 Seth and the Mysterios drafted to the same show. Incredible. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted October 10, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted October 10, 2020 2 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said: Roman told Vince he wasn’t going to be turning up to work for a few months and kept his job. Came back on his terms and became top dog immediately. Surely he’s got a lot of control in what he does/doesn’t do? There were stories involving Kevin Owens and Curtis Axel on this week’s Wrestle Me that suggest Vince prefers people who stand up to him or don’t just do what he wants without argument. Following that logic you wonder if Roman would have been turned if he’d stuck around the whole time this year. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 4 hours ago, Louch said: I haven’t watched wwe bar YouTube videos for a long while, but seeing they have split New Day bus draft pick is one of the stupidest things I have read they have done in years. I know they don’t care re PPV buys, but surely they could have bumped a rating with a build to new days last stand together? We all know it’s gonna lead to a forced “moment” at mania where they recreate the Kofi moment when Big E wins the title, are they really so short of ideas? Are you saying that pushing Big E is a bad idea? I can't tell. I don't think giving him a push is being 'short of ideas' as he's one that many fans have been excited about for a while. While I'm not sure about the New Day split, I'm certainly not against a Big E singles run at all. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted October 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2020 1 hour ago, Supremo said: Seth and the Mysterios drafted to the same show. Incredible. Murphy too now, per Talking Smack. Kalisto staying on Smackdown; Gulak, Carillo & Tucker drafted to Raw the other results from there. Can see Tucker becoming a Raw Underground regular with his amateur background, but suspect that's the best he can hope for without Otis. Quote
Guest Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Are you saying that pushing Big E is a bad idea? I can't tell. I don't think giving him a push is being 'short of ideas' as he's one that many fans have been excited about for a while. While I'm not sure about the New Day split, I'm certainly not against a Big E singles run at all. Not against a big E push, it’s long overdue. But splitting them to just do the same all members in the ring for when he wins just copying kofi win is lazy repetition Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 2 hours ago, Callum1993 said: I suppose they could explain the New Day Split by saying that because Kofi and Woods are the Tag Champions they are counted as a separate pick to Big E as Champions. Not that they ever do anything logically As with every draft, we’ve probably put more thought into it than they have. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 (edited) *double post* Edited October 10, 2020 by WyattSheepMask Quote
TomJones233 Posted October 10, 2020 Posted October 10, 2020 TALKING SMACK SPOILERS: I assume Big E and Zayn are gonna be feuding Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.