The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E??

You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3???

Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E???

Makes them seem absolute idiots 

The thing that annoys me most isn't so much that they did this (same with Heavy Machinery), it's the fact they didn't think it merited any sort of explanation. They could easily have had Michael Cole say that he's hearing Fox negotiated with USA to keep Big E when they heard RAW had selected New Day. In an industry where a rival company is telling long-term storylines very, very well these long-standing WWE habits become infinitely more annoying. 

57 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Is anyone else wondering about the big orange naked child sculpture in the background? Just really odd and out of place. 

I’m more intrigued in the Plate Cabinet if I’m honest.
Either way, that’s what a fucking star looks like, and I hope Reigns has enough sway now to say “that doesn’t work for me, brother” to doing any stupid shit that’ll ruin this run

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I haven’t watched wwe bar YouTube videos for a long while, but seeing they have split New Day bus draft pick is one of the stupidest things I have read they have done in  years. I know they don’t care re PPV buys, but surely they could have bumped a rating with a build to new days last stand together? We all know it’s gonna lead to a forced “moment” at mania where they recreate the Kofi moment when Big E wins the title, are they really so short of ideas? 

1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

Why wouldn't "USA executives" want Big E??

You have the chance to draft 3 guys for the price of 1 and only take 2 and leave out the best one of the 3???

Yet all 4 of the Hurt Business were selected? So they'd rather have Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin over Big E???

Makes them seem absolute idiots. 

Tbf if you look at the ratings USA are getting on the whole, them not getting Big E isn't a big surprise. Wonder if NBC Universal with take stock at the next shareholders meeting 🤔

New Day were going to be split up one day. I'm happy it wasn't one of them turning heel on the other. They can do stuff together at the PPVs. If Big E wins a title at WM, his mates can celebrate with him and vice versa. 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

New Day were going to be split up one day. I'm happy it wasn't one of them turning heel on the other. They can do stuff together at the PPVs. If Big E wins a title at WM, his mates can celebrate with him and vice versa. 

Agreed. Assuming this separate shows thing sticks, I'd like to think they'll still remain New Day, just with members on both shows and getting together when they can. Working together to help E win the Rumble would be a nice touch.

Guessing Street Profits swap places with Kofi & Woods (particularly as Belair has gone that way) and perhaps they'll use that opportunity to rename & replace the tag belts that Prichard is on record as despising? WWE Tag Team Champions & Universal Tag Team Champions, following the top singles titles?

Edited by Statto
Fixing awful grammar.

43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m more intrigued in the Plate Cabinet if I’m honest.
Either way, that’s what a fucking star looks like, and I hope Reigns has enough sway now to say “that doesn’t work for me, brother” to doing any stupid shit that’ll ruin this run

Roman told Vince he wasn’t going to be turning up to work for a few months and kept his job. Came back on his terms and became top dog immediately. Surely he’s got a lot of control in what he does/doesn’t do?

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Mr Kennedy said:

Roman told Vince he wasn’t going to be turning up to work for a few months and kept his job. Came back on his terms and became top dog immediately. Surely he’s got a lot of control in what he does/doesn’t do?

There were stories involving Kevin Owens and Curtis Axel on this week’s Wrestle Me that suggest Vince prefers people who stand up to him or don’t just do what he wants without argument. Following that logic you wonder if Roman would have been turned if he’d stuck around the whole time this year.

4 hours ago, Louch said:

I haven’t watched wwe bar YouTube videos for a long while, but seeing they have split New Day bus draft pick is one of the stupidest things I have read they have done in  years. I know they don’t care re PPV buys, but surely they could have bumped a rating with a build to new days last stand together? We all know it’s gonna lead to a forced “moment” at mania where they recreate the Kofi moment when Big E wins the title, are they really so short of ideas? 

Are you saying that pushing Big E is a bad idea? I can't tell. I don't think giving him a push is being 'short of ideas' as he's one that many fans have been excited about for a while. While I'm not sure about the New Day split, I'm certainly not against a Big E singles run at all.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Seth and the Mysterios drafted to the same show. Incredible.

Murphy too now, per Talking Smack.

Kalisto staying on Smackdown; Gulak, Carillo & Tucker drafted to Raw the other results from there.

Can see Tucker becoming a Raw Underground regular with his amateur background, but suspect that's the best he can hope for without Otis.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

Are you saying that pushing Big E is a bad idea? I can't tell. I don't think giving him a push is being 'short of ideas' as he's one that many fans have been excited about for a while. While I'm not sure about the New Day split, I'm certainly not against a Big E singles run at all.

Not against a big E push, it’s long overdue. But splitting them to just do the same all members in the ring for when he wins just copying kofi win is lazy repetition 

2 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

I suppose they could explain the New Day Split by saying that because Kofi and Woods are the Tag Champions they are counted as a separate pick to Big E as Champions. Not that they ever do anything logically 

As with every draft, we’ve probably put more thought into it than they have.