The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Admittedly they are known for doing nonsensical things but aligning Roman with Heyman just to have him face turn on him again immediately? Nah. Even by their standards that's weak.

If they're going for this, they're going for it. There's no logic to putting them together otherwise. Paul has always spoken highly of Roman. I'm good with the partnership. They just need to go with it now.

2 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Imagine getting excited for anything wwe might do. I admire people’s faith but how many times can they shit in people’s mouths and have fans still ask for DLC.

I'd find it weirder if people were watching every week and not being excited for anything.

9 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:
Why is he not cutting these promos on TV........ Why are wwe wasting time, strap the fucking rocket to this man...... 

I don't think they're wasting time. They've been solidly building him for weeks now. To a lot of the audience he isn't a singles main event talent.

He's getting good exposure every week. Promo time. Wins in the ring. And additional stuff like Talking Smack.

I'd rather they built him properly than randomly shoved him out there without any foundation and then forgot about him. They've already got main eventers they're focusing on. Eventually once they pull the trigger with Big E then the audience will view him as at that level. There's still time to do that and watch him grow into the role.

He's someone that could be someone they can build the company round in the future. There's far more there to be invested in than the run Kofi had.

Ideally have Reigns as champ from tomorrow til Mania going on a heel spree, by start of the year we should have Uso's, Kofi and Woods back.

E wins the rumble, few months of Reigns/Usos/Heyman heel unit vs New Day all heading to E winning at Mania, hell I'd even stick on Usos vs Kofi Woods in TLC if that feud can kick off properly

4 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Imagine getting excited for anything wwe might do. I admire people’s faith but how many times can they shit in people’s mouths and have fans still ask for DLC.

Yep. They can turn Roman heel, strap the rocket onto Big E and even give Keith Lee an earnest to god push. In the end it wont matter either way. Because in WWE nothing matters and everyone is just a cog in the wheel filling time. They're systematically fucked beyond repair

And I'm the biggest fool of all. I'm desperate to see that three way main event at Payback and Roman finally working as a heel. It's their last golden carrot. I love Roman, and this is the boost he's needed for years to get over the hump and become the kickass transcendent star we know he should be. But he won't. He'll be swallowed up by shit scripts and senile booking like everyone else.

• Paid Members

I don’t want to fault what they’ve done with Big E on Smackdown so far, they’re doing a reasonable job, but fucking hell. The Talking Smack version of Big E is quickly becoming something truly special.

They need to find the time in every episode of Smackdown to feature these promos. It was always obvious he was being under-utilised but this is something else. He’s the absolute perfect guy given the current climate, super charismatic, super educated, insanely articulate.

This is it. He’s the guy. If he isn’t already pencilled in to win the Title at Wrestlemania and have the whole company built around him then they’ve lost their minds.

Edited by Supremo

7 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Ideally have Reigns as champ from tomorrow til Mania going on a heel spree, by start of the year we should have Uso's, Kofi and Woods back.

E wins the rumble, few months of Reigns/Usos/Heyman heel unit vs New Day all heading to E winning at Mania, hell I'd even stick on Usos vs Kofi Woods in TLC if that feud can kick off properly

Someone on here in 2013 or 2014 made the prediction indirectly that Wrestlemania would eventually have a Reigns/ Big E main event. Can't remember who but that's always stuck with me.

In regards to new gear and music for Reigns, surely this is the worst time to do that? Imagine if the fans come back in how ever many months time and he's still got the Shield gear and music, no one's cheering that, if he has a new look and music plus Heyman they'll probably cheer him like mad

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Pogue said:

In regards to new gear and music for Reigns, surely this is the worst time to do that? Imagine if the fans come back in how ever many months time and he's still got the Shield gear and music, no one's cheering that, if he has a new look and music plus Heyman they'll probably cheer him like mad

I’m going to go out on a limb and say fans cheering Roman Reigns isn’t going to be too bothersome to Vince McMahon.

• Paid Members

Heel Roman is the best. I’ll never get over them wasting years not doing this in front of fans. He’d have already peaked as a heel and been turned back babyface by the fans by this point. He oozes a superstar aura like almost no-one else in that company.

I can only assume Sasha is injured and needs an extended period of time off? Otherwise I can’t fathom them teasing the break up of Sasha and Bayley for years and then finally pulling the trigger with Sasha as the babyface and Bayley as the heel. Goes directly against their natural strengths.

Really disappointed in the fans at the Thunderdome. When Jay Uso was thrown over the screens surely someone should’ve realised how funny it would’ve been to look up or backwards as if they were actually sitting there? Shame.