Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, simonworden said:

 

I'm fairly certain they started using some Pyro again around the end of last year on Smackdown if not Raw as well once the new TV contracts kicked in.

You're probably right but I think it's meant that because they're inside the performance centre there's been none to make sure they don't set fire to their warehouse essentially. Being back in an arena area means they have the space for pyro again and it looks a bit more professional. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

It can get pretty damn exhausting picking apart everything that WWE tries to do. 

They make it so very, very easy.

Get what you probably mean though. If you're still watching every week AND picking apart the shows like you're Bryan Alvarez, it must be joyless.

Edited by tiger_rick
Posted (edited)

I get far more enjoyment listening to podcasts about the shows than actually watching them. I quit ages ago now and find that I enjoy wrestling a lot more now with the podcasts and dynamite.  

Nothing wrong with ditching something that's shit, even if you have watched it for 30 years. 

Edited by Yakashi
Posted

I gave up after the first segment.

The combination of so many bright lights, mosaic of fans and the camera angles cutting every second just made me feel terrible and I needed to look away. 

If they reduced the camera cuts, replaced the fans with the trainees and kept the screens behind the ring to a logo instead of the mosaic of streams, I actually think that would be much better as the overall structure etc looked good.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

I only saw the end segment with the ambulance. Don’t know what was worse - Adam Pearces attempt at acting scared or Michael Coles “wow.... it’s him” when The Fiend emerged.  

Pearce’s “acting” looked particularly awful perhaps because we don’t see him that often. Cole’s just white noise now because he’s been on TV every week for over 20 years

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

AJ/Hardy was exactly as good as you'd expect, but why now? If there's no room on summerslam there's a ppv a week later......

Pretty sure the IC title match was on the episode of Smackdown before the PPV last time round too, as was the Bar Fight. I think getting as many sets tuned to every episode of Smackdown is probably more important (and lucrative) than PPV (which is to say Network) buys right now.

Having seen it in action, my two primary thoughts on the ThunderDome are a) they've taken a decent sized arena and put a load of effort into making it look/feel small & b) if you're going to use fake crowd noise, having it barely audible is an odd decision.

RE: pyro, it started being phased back in at SummerSlam last year, which was the first non-Mania/Saudi show to have an opening pyro display for a good while. And yeah, it then became a weekly TV feature on both shows from when Smackdown moved to Fox (beginning of October?) until the forced move to the PC.

Edited by Statto
Bar Fight.
Posted

I have been lucky enough to get the email that i've been chosen to be a part of smackdown tonight and get a seat in the thunderdome.

I've honestly not watched wwe properly in years tbh i just applied cos i saw it on twitter and thought i never get lucky with anything like this but in for a penny.

The rules and guidelines ext for it are so extensive and long winded it's a task to read through it all but i suppose after some dick showing a beheading last week during summerslam its understandable isn't it 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
11 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I have been lucky enough to get the email that i've been chosen to be a part of smackdown tonight and get a seat in the thunderdome.

I've honestly not watched wwe properly in years tbh i just applied cos i saw it on twitter and thought i never get lucky with anything like this but in for a penny.

The rules and guidelines ext for it are so extensive and long winded it's a task to read through it all but i suppose after some dick showing a beheading last week during summerslam its understandable isn't it 

Please hold a fork throughout so we know which one is you.

  • Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

I have been lucky enough to get the email that i've been chosen to be a part of smackdown tonight and get a seat in the thunderdome.

I've honestly not watched wwe properly in years tbh i just applied cos i saw it on twitter and thought i never get lucky with anything like this but in for a penny.

The rules and guidelines ext for it are so extensive and long winded it's a task to read through it all but i suppose after some dick showing a beheading last week during summerslam its understandable isn't it 

You need to be eating a bit of kwesh. It has to happen.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...