The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

Yeah they need to get the belt off Braun, he was never meant to have it anyway and they only ended up going with him when Reigns went, he’s had his chance and it’s not working.

Put it back on Wyatt for a bit and then build up to Big E winning it towards the end of the year, Survivor Series maybe.

19 minutes ago, Doog said:

Yeah they need to get the belt off Braun, he was never meant to have it anyway and they only ended up going with him when Reigns went, he’s had his chance and it’s not working.

Put it back on Wyatt for a bit and then build up to Big E winning it towards the end of the year, Survivor Series maybe.

Ive no faith in them doing it, but if crowds are back early next year, that’s the time to put the belt on Big E. Audience numbers drop after the summer every year because that’s (usually) when they’re competing with legit sports. You then get a spike early in the year for the Royal Rumble through Wrestlemania. If you’re going to move him up the card and-or away from The New Day, that’s the time to do it. But like I say, no faith in them to actually go through with it.

I genuinely forgot the other day that Braun was the champion, it’s been such a good run, and as already mentioned, he only got it because Reigns (rightly) said “screw this I’m going home”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I feel so sorry for Braun. He was white hot two years ago as the loveable lummox, but got shafted by The Plan and hasn't never found that spark again. It doesn't help that they've got him doing Generic Promo 101s. The guy just doesn't fit the cookie cutter, nor should he. He's being drowned.

• Paid Members

It's hilarious how a multi billion dollar company can get it so wrong 99% of the time. Braun was THE man 18 months ago. We were crying out for him to get a run with the belt.

Braun is one of those that would have benefited from having an audience I think. But as usual, he gets himself over, WWE intervene, book him like a "monster" and give him promos (which were never his thing) and sure enough here we are crying out for the belt to be taken off of him.

I don't even care who is champion now but the only one that's come across well is Drew. I got sniped at for mentioning it before but he's done well, has had good matches and just works as champion. Braun hasn't had anything to redeem himself.

There needs to be more flexibility in reacting to things in WWE i.e. if someone gets them self over give them a shot, don't over script them, just give them a shot see what happens. At this stage I'd be tempted to get the belt onto AJ for a bit to see if Big E develops any over the next few months.

I don't think Big E even needs to develop. He's got the full package already. I guess we just need to be reconditioned to accept him as a top tier WWE singles star. I always enjoyed his NXT work and thought even then he was destined for great things. It's pretty crazy it's taken this long for him to get a proper shot.

5 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

I feel so sorry for Braun. He was white hot two years ago as the loveable lummox, but got shafted by The Plan and hasn't never found that spark again. It doesn't help that they've got him doing Generic Promo 101s. The guy just doesn't fit the cookie cutter, nor should he. He's being drowned.

Yeah, I agree. He absolutely could work as champion, even now, but they seem determined to book against his strengths rather than around his weaknesses. 

41 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

It's hilarious how a multi billion dollar company can get it so wrong 99% of the time. Braun was THE man 18 months ago. We were crying out for him to get a run with the belt.

Braun is one of those that would have benefited from having an audience I think. But as usual, he gets himself over, WWE intervene, book him like a "monster" and give him promos (which were never his thing) and sure enough here we are crying out for the belt to be taken off of him.

Between Wrestlemanias 33 and 34, he should’ve been the guy getting built over the course of the year. But like with Reigns a couple of years previously, and then again at WM34, they bottled it because god forbid you deviate from ‘the plan’ in any way. Instead Strowman got smacked by Lesnar in a Triple Threat at the Rumble, eliminated 5 people in the Chamber only to then lose and then had a stinker with Brock at a PPV that I can’t even be bothered to look up what it was, and by that point no-one cared and he was fucking done as a potential top guy.

We like to joke about Meltzer saying that “plans change” when he gets something wrong, but if anything it lends credibility to him being full of shit, because in WWE plans don’t change unless they’re forced to.

WWE have no idea anymore how to book a and protect a special attraction type wrestler . Braun shouldn’t be on tv every week, he’s the guy who turns up, smashes people and you don’t see him for a few weeks on tv. Instead you get 10-15 mins weekly and start to get too familiar with what makes him unique and he’s just Braun.  

2 minutes ago, Louch said:

WWE have no idea anymore how to book a and protect a special attraction type wrestler . Braun shouldn’t be on tv every week, he’s the guy who turns up, smashes people and you don’t see him for a few weeks on tv. Instead you get 10-15 mins weekly and start to get too familiar with what makes him unique and he’s just Braun.  

Brock Lesnar.

They know exactly how to book and protect special attraction type wrestlers. They just don't see any of the regular, meat-and-potatoes roster in that role.