The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

59 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

And Bronson Reed! FUCK! That guy is money. As "The King of Monster" Jonah Rock, one of the best, and most terrifying monster heels I have ever had the privilege of working with, and he is a fairly inoffensive babyface. :( Ironically a lovely bloke too. 

I have been wondering about him. Like he isn't terrible but they haven't really done anything with him. But then that's how they made me feel about Keith Lee too when he first joined. Sometimes it's very much about waiting for the right time.

2 hours ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

WWE do seem to like stripping them back and making them "theirs". 

As someone who has worked with and know a couple of the new Australian talent, I can't help but feel sorry for them namely because whatever made them unique or cool has been stripped away.

Brandan Vink is one of the biggest, arrogant, smuggest cockheads in the world. He swaggers to the rings, did his pose, and proclaim about how because he was 6 foot 4 he was practically guaranteed a WWE contract one day. He was a phenomenal heel. In WWE, he just *walks* to the ring and is a generic heel. It's heartbreaker. If you want to see just HOW good he is, I suggest you check out his series "Trophy Life". 

And Bronson Reed! FUCK! That guy is money. As "The King of Monster" Jonah Rock, one of the best, and most terrifying monster heels I have ever had the privilege of working with, and he is a fairly inoffensive babyface. :( Ironically a lovely bloke too. 

The exception of Rhea Ripley. They took a young and incredibly talented young person and turned her into one of the best badasses in the world. Kudos for that. 

That video is absolutely fucking class!

I know it's a bit of a slog, but I recommend watching the whole series. It's fucking criminal what's happened to him. He started it when his then partner Dekota Kei started with NXT and it's all about him struggling to accept his role as the boyfriend of a NXT star. 

Fun story, I was watching the Mania with friends, including Vink, where Braun Strowman picked a small child as a tag partner, and you could see him also crack the glass he was holding over the fact he chose a child and he still couldn't get a look in. 

Im going to see if I can find some videos of Reed and Sexton both doing what they do best. Such amazing talent and I really hope they become so much more.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I liked the intro. Did make it all feel quite exciting.

Yeah, the Saturday Night's Main Event style intro was one of the best things they've done on an empty arena show. They should keep that for Smackdown.

On 7/18/2020 at 8:17 AM, LaGoosh said:

This is unbelievable. No one has said bodacious (ironically or otherwise) since about 1993.

Why WWE insists on stripping everything away from every character and personality until they can be summed up in one word constantly baffles me. Riddle is the 'bro' guy now and forever, there will never be any more depth or sides to his personality than that for the rest of his career.

Sorry to be the pedant here but... the WWE did repackage their version of the Midnight Express and had one of them given 'bodacious' as a name. So in fairness, 5 years removed from said time. Which considering this time they are 27 years too late, the 1998 utterance was well and truly finger on the pulse of pop culture references. 

On 7/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Based on NXT this week, I can only assume you went straight to HHH.

Don't you play with me now, WWE.

Seriously, if they fuck up Big E, there's no hope. A legitimate smiley babyface who's not a soppy get, merch upon merch upon merch, plus Vince gets a dancing black man.

No heel turns. No breakups. Just a straight line to that title. Gimme something for Christmas.