The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

He's not had the best of feuds to work with unfortunately. But yeah it's all a bit too late too.

It’s not just the Feud’s. That promo is a perfect example. He’s not a top tier superstar. Yeah, he’s big. He can do squashes. But he can’t talk for shit, and his whole run as champ has shown that up. But who on that roster can do it all? Bryan and AJ have both done it, but they are in the IC mix. So who else can?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It’s not just the Feud’s. That promo is a perfect example. He’s not a top tier superstar. Yeah, he’s big. He can do squashes. But he can’t talk for shit, and his whole run as champ has shown that up. But who on that roster can do it all? Bryan and AJ have both done it, but they are in the IC mix. So who else can?

A9F4248B-54EB-4020-958E-59ACC8E80AD9.gif.a61923e7b955eb3f090c2b2a5544f4c7.gif

It probably wouldn’t work without fans, but Big E is in desperate need of a big push straight to the top. It’s crazy in the “everyone gets a go,” era that they’ve yet to strap the rocket to this great man.

Edited by Supremo

From what I've read about E is he's happy pissing about with the New Day and doesn't wanna break up.

I think he's gonna do himself over if he doesn't push himself out of new day and try on his own, as much as wwe gets criticism for shit they do wrong (rightfully so at times) guys need to push or challenge themselves.

Wwe love the status quo so love acts that are over for years and don't wanna change.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

It probably wouldn’t work without fans, but Big E is the in desperate need of a big push straight to the top. It’s crazy in the “everyone gets a go,” era that they’ve yet to strap the rocket to this great man.

I 100% agree. But The New Day is such a big gimmick I can’t see him wanting to drop it (I mean, sure they could go the Kofi route and not split them up, but a Big E heel turn would be ideal).

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Bryan and AJ have both done it, but they are in the IC mix. So who else can?

There's a bit in the Taker documentary where everyone is talking about how absolutely brilliant AJ Styles is. Taker, HHH, Edge, etc. All the big boys putting him over like he's Ric Fair. And he's doing absolutely nothing having spent the last couple of years pissing about with nonsense.

You don't expect them to have the same guys on top forever but will end up in this situation where the guy with all the ability, who can talk, work with anyone and is liked by everyone and rated highly by his peers is sat in the middle while the guy on top is a one dimensional meathead.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

From what I've read about E is he's happy pissing about with the New Day and doesn't wanna break up.

I think he's gonna do himself over if he doesn't push himself out of new day and try on his own, as much as wwe gets criticism for shit they do wrong (rightfully so at times) guys need to push or challenge themselves.

Wwe love the status quo so love acts that are over for years and don't wanna change.

Why does he have to? Big E is talented enough that they could push him as a top singles babyface and keep him with New Day.

57 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Why does he have to? Big E is talented enough that they could push him as a top singles babyface and keep him with New Day.

I wonder how long Kofi is actually going to stick around for considering he has been full time since 2008. Kofi taking off would mean that a returning Xavier Woods could either quietly just become the buddy of Big E in his main even run or turn on Big E or be turned on by. I'd actually prefer for Woods to turn on Big E and then become a heel wrestler/ manager with a bigger guy to be the build up feud to him challenging for the title. 

Honestly I'd love them to keep New Day together. It'd be such a refreshing change just to not have these guys suddenly hate each other. They clearly have so much friendship and respect for each other that it would be perfectly believable to have them support Big E going solo. I don't think they need the typical turn and split.

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Honestly I'd love them to keep New Day together. It'd be such a refreshing change just to not have these guys suddenly hate each other. They clearly have so much friendship and respect for each other that it would be perfectly believable to have them support Big E going solo. I don't think they need the typical turn and split.

Plus the fact they already did that when Kofi went solo last year!

5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Plus the fact they already did that when Kofi went solo last year!

And although we are in the “reality” era, and have to take a lot of things with a pinch of salt, I just couldn’t see the “hatred” transferring to UUDD. People just couldn’t and wouldn’t buy it.

I don't think they need to break up but they've been a team 6 years or so? Its pretty stale as an act and how much longer can they keep doing same thing.

They could go with Big E push in the team but I think it would hold him back as a midcard world champion, I thought Kofi suffered same fate.

Keep Kofi and Woods on SD and draft E to Raw for a push, Keeps them together but apart and can always go back if need be.