The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

What the fuck was that?! How would that even look in a script?!

“Vince comes out, mumbles a load of nonsense, then just wanders off as we turn down the lights.”

Are there other examples of huge companies ran by senile maniacs? Is this a unique situation? It’s so crazy. Can you even imagine this company in five years time, with Vince still at the helm?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I was going to mention that. I got the exact same vibe I get watching Trump’s daily briefings. A palpable tension as everyone around him is thinking, “fucking hell, he’s completely lost it,” but no-one saying it out loud. No wonder they’re best mates.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Can you even imagine this company in five years time, with Vince still at the helm?

I reckon WWE will only get interesting once Vince totally loses it, he’ll be showing upto creative meetings and saying they should put the belt on Hogan because he thinks he is back in the 80s.

• Paid Members

I thought it was one of the best episodes of Smackdown in months, right until that last segment. It was all cringe. My wife walked in when Steph was on the phone as well as when Vince first come out and asked how I can watch this shit. And I mean there is nothing other to say then this isn't what its like all the time. Also, who knew Road Dogg looked so much like Uncle Albert?

Poor Vince.
Considering what an astounding heel he in his day was it's tragic seeing him like this.

A few years ago I thought Vince would go the full Krang route and get his brain re-animated into a giant synthetic body after he died and still run WWE but now it seems his brain is turning to tapioca. Sad times.

I actually enjoyed the segment right up to Vince’s appearance to be honest, mainly for Shawn’s hammy acting mocking Stephanie, it was a nice change of pace from the usual type of celebratory segments, but Vince completely tanked it from there, he just hasn’t got the same vigour he had even 2/3 years ago

What an odd way to close the show. Everything up until Vince started talking was about what I expected, and I quite enjoyed the stuff with Shawn, Steph and Flair. But fucking hell, Zombie Vince McMahon trying to roast his son-in-law and then turning the lights off.

Fair play to them if they had fun, I suppose, but it’s absolute madness to produce that as the last scene of your prime time show this week. If Fox are demanding live shows, this sort of shite should make them reconsider.

• Paid Members

Don't know whether to read anything into the fact they are talking about Braun defending against "Bray Wyatt" not "The Fiend Bray Wyatt" at MITB, and have a photo of the kid's TV presenter version of Bray on the graphic. They usually use a photo of The Fiend don't they? Other than the Miz match which obviously was against Funhouse Wyatt.

Don't want to take the belt off Braun yet maybe, but don't want to have him beat The Fiend either?