The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It was reported at some point last week that they'd been filming content on the roof of the offices, before the MITB announcement was made. So yeah, I think it's already in the can.

What that means for Bryan I don't know. Maybe he'll take the Cobo Hall bump off the roof but not come back unscathed hours later.

20 hours ago, Supremo said:

The number one guy vanishing in the lead up to his biggest match of the year must baffle poor kids though.

As must just about everything happening with the current presentation of the product on TV. And why they can't go to school, see their mates, why their parents are at home every day all of a sudden. If they're not confused by that, they've probably realised why there's no audience at the shows and that everything is very weird right now, let alone that Roman Reigns has suddenly vanished. Maybe Roman has requested not to have a fake story line reason for it if they don't want to acknowledge the genuine reason. If i was him in this situation i'm not sure i'd want TV to write me off with my cousin running me over or Rowan pushing some scaffolding and flight cases over on to me or some shit.

And the kids who aren't so on the ball they've figured it out love to make up their own reasons anyway. Ultimate Warrior died after SummerSlam '91 and a different bloke started playing the character at WrestleMania VIII don't you know!?

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

After the first Saudi show, when Brock disappeared until SummerSlam. And a bunch of other times with Brock. Multiple times with Cena since about 2013 or so. Austin after WrestleMania X8. Bret Hart after WrestleMania 12. Hogan after WrestleMania 9 (although that was early Raw, so there wasn’t as much expectation of being there every week).

Leaving after a big loss is one thing, disappearing the day before Wrestlemania is totally different. Can’t say it’s something I’m bothered about, I just like it when your wrong 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

When was the last time their #1 guy disappeared without explanation? Didn't happen when it was Cena. Hasn't happened when it's been Reigns. Didn't happen when it was Rock or Austin or Bret or Shawn or Hogan.

Did they always explain away Rock disappearing to make films, or was it just because I only watched SmackDown back then and they would write him off on Raws so I don’t remember?

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Did they always explain away Rock disappearing to make films, or was it just because I only watched SmackDown back then and they would write him off on Raws so I don’t remember?

I seem to recall that Vince ‘suspended’ Rock shortly after Wrestlemania 17 to explain his absence then and it actually built into his return when he was going to choose to either side with wwf or the alliance when he returned in the summer, Shane using that action to curry favour.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They did when he was THE guy. Once he'd come and go, they didn't need to write him out. A bit like Lesnar now. The draw is when he'll turn up, not where he's gone.