The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

32 minutes ago, Sergio Bellend said:

I don’t think there was anybody that had been in NXT for longer than him was there?

Aliyah is probably the only one that runs him close. She was on that Breaking Ground series which feels forever ago and seems to still pop up every so often despite never doing anything particularly memorable in all that time. At least Blake had a tag title run in there and has been on a few Takeovers. 

Angelo Dawkins was there for time as well, he used to house share with Tyler Breeze and Xavier Woods, I believe. At least Dawkins found someone to get him over with Montez Ford.

Wasn't Dawkins one of the members of Chad Gable's pre American Alpha stable as well?

Apparently Dawkins joined the year before Blake, but I can't be arsed to work out the difference in call up times.

Aliyah was definitely a year or two after that as she signed when NXT at Full Sail was a popular thing.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

The Blake looking like shit thing is particularly egregious considering the fact that he was in decent shape during his run with Murphy.

He's a one that I always thought would be an NXT lifer to be fair. He was one of the ones, like Shawn Spears who was  talked about as being a favourite with the boys in the PC years ago but he never parsed that into a decent character or hook.

Having watched the first Takeover Brooklyn for the ‘Take on a Takeover’ thread a few days ago, he was in better shape back then but still not great compared to Murphy. Or Alexa for that matter. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Braun Strowman: "I know Bray Wyatt inside out. His mind games won't work with me."

Not even 10 seconds later - monster immediately shits himself at obvious mind games. *switches off*

Ha at least this seems to be consistent for both new world champions.

Drew McIntyre last week ‘there is nothing you can say or do Big Show that will make me fight you right now’

#Show slaps McIntyre’s face

ok lets have a title match now.

• Paid Members

The silly Money in the Bank idea is infinitely better than just doing another ladder match at the Performance Centre. There’s nothing more tragic than guys taking horrific looking bumps in an empty building to no reaction.

They should just drop the whole wrestling concept entirely at this point. Have the whole roster have a game of tag or hide and seek in the WWE HQ. Daniel Bryan vs. Braun Strowman in a game of curby outside the Performance Centre. A game of darts for the Tag Team Titles. The US Title defended in Mario Kart 64, Star Cup, 150cc.

Has anyone mentioned Roman Reigns on television? Or have they fully Chris Benoit’d him, erasing him from existence?

Edited by Supremo

• Awards Moderator
20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

a game of curby

Fucking hell, flashbacks. A word I've not heard in 30 years. As it's one of those regional things (see: bread rolls, knocking on doors and running away) does this mean where you stand on opposite sides of the road and try to bounce a tennis ball back to yourself using the kerb? 

• Awards Moderator
8 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Is it regional? We had Curby over here in Cov, too.

I don't know, but it's just one of those things that isn't really official is it? So a different name / rules spring up for it everywhere. I was checking Supremo played the same game we did.