The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

The boo baton was passed to Roman Reigns five years ago, then to Seth Rollins, and McIntyre will be running with it in a few months. JC is long removed now from being the full time top dog. If the goal is to hate Raw and SmackDown every week, you go for who is there every week. There’s no Tuesday morning rant fuel in hating Big Match John anymore, so he’s dropped out of that boo zone. 

If Cena wins at WrestleMania though, there will be an awful lot of REEEEEEing online.

It does makes me wonder if Punk had stuck around, not necessarily till now but even if it was just a few extra years, would the fans have eventually turned on him the way they do everyone else. Or was Punk always going to get a pass because of his internet points?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

On 3/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, CL Punk said:

It would be like the Clap for the NHS thing from a few days ago except for wrestling fans opening their front doors and booing Corbin like the crowd booed Rey Mysterio coming out at number 30.

Taking this a step further, in support of WWE's decision, I feel WWE fans should open their doors tonight and loudly chant "THIS IS AWE-SOME!". The unknowing neighbours will really appreciate it.

Of all the post Mania call ups over the years the Forgotten Sons might be the least interesting. They were barely over or featured on NXT so really no idea what they'll bring to the main roster. Can definitely see this being another Sanity situation where they are called up and then they do nothing with them. I could potentially see Vince liking Ryker as a singles guy down the line. 

2 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

I could potentially see Vince liking Ryker as a singles guy down the line. 

Possibly, but it's yet another bloke with the Rollins/Reigns/Elias/McIntyre long dark hair and beard. You can't have half a dozen of them on the same poster without looking like clones.

Forgotten Sons just seem like another Sanity.

The Blake looking like shit thing is particularly egregious considering the fact that he was in decent shape during his run with Murphy.

He's a one that I always thought would be an NXT lifer to be fair. He was one of the ones, like Shawn Spears who was  talked about as being a favourite with the boys in the PC years ago but he never parsed that into a decent character or hook.

8 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

The Blake looking like shit thing is particularly egregious considering the fact that he was in decent shape during his run with Murphy.

He's a one that I always thought would be an NXT lifer to be fair. He was one of the ones, like Shawn Spears who was  talked about as being a favourite with the boys in the PC years ago but he never parsed that into a decent character or hook.

I don’t think there was anybody that had been in NXT for longer than him was there?

Aliyah is probably the only one that runs him close. She was on that Breaking Ground series which feels forever ago and seems to still pop up every so often despite never doing anything particularly memorable in all that time. At least Blake had a tag title run in there and has been on a few Takeovers.