The Smackers Thread

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

So after all the Backlash, after all the "I'm never watching again", after all the "this is the Final straw"  after all the "watch the ratings tumble"

Smackdown delivers it's best rating of 2020 and looking like being its 3rd best since the move to Fox

Goldberg = Ratings 

Of course the return of Cena helped (though Ratings did drop slightly for the 2nd hour when Cena was due up) but clearly people will still watch regardless of all the hot air that gets spewed after every PPV

That was always going to be the case. Curiosity views on the back of two of the biggest stars of all time being promised. 

This is traditionally their best few months for ratings every year too. The trick is trying to come off Mania with momentum to draw through the summer. Vince obviously thinks crowning Reigns again is the way.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget: the clocks changed last week so if you want to record Smackdown you probably need some professional help.

What a Mark. 

Rob Gronkowski's ring entrance in an empty arena was the most embarrassing and cringy thing I may have ever seen as a wrestling fan. And thats coming from somebody whose parents were in the room when

Posted Images

52 minutes ago, MVP RULZ said:

So after all the Backlash, after all the "I'm never watching again", after all the "this is the Final straw"  after all the "watch the ratings tumble"

Smackdown delivers it's best rating of 2020 and looking like being its 3rd best since the move to Fox

Goldberg = Ratings 

Of course the return of Cena helped (though Ratings did drop slightly for the 2nd hour when Cena was due up) but clearly people will still watch regardless of all the hot air that gets spewed after every PPV

Well the people who have the tantrums aren’t the ones who stop watching anyway. Being upset at Vince is their outlet, it’s how they blow off steam at the end of a rough week. They couldn’t ever let go of that.

The ones who stop watching don’t care enough to cry about wrestling on the Internet.

I enjoyed the Cena Bray build up when they faced off at Mania a few years ago. Not sure I will this time though unless Bray does the whole 'This time your against the Fiend' and squashes Cena in under 60 seconds. 

• Paid Members

All sense and logic says Cena is losing at Mania.

However, all sense and logic said Cena was losing to The Nexus and we know how that turned out.

Luckily though, there won’t be much of an online backlash if Cena wins because they all stopped watching after Super Showdown. 

The Fiend and Cena could be a fantastic feud. The history is there. Both men are great on the mix and capable of a strong match at Mania. But considering they've already had a shit setup for the match, I don't hold much hope of the feud being as good as it should be. It's a shame but that pretty much sums up WWE these days - could be good but probably won't be.

6 hours ago, Philjax said:

Sasha is back. Surprised she had any circulation to her legs in those shorts.

...aaand I’m now going to watch.

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

However, all sense and logic said Cena was losing to The Nexus and we know how that turned out.

Never mind that, they literally did THIS MATCH six years ago and had Cena win.

I've not watched this week yet but I seen a YouTube clip of the nWo. This rewriting of history that Waltman was/is a big part of the group is a nonsense. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, FUM said:

I've not watched this week yet but I seen a YouTube clip of the nWo. This rewriting of history that Waltman was/is a big part of the group is a nonsense. 

I liked that the four guys going into the Hall of Fame under the nWo banner is such a weird, arbitrary selection that they didn’t even have an official photograph of them as a foursome and had to just photoshop Hogan in.

0E4E302F-F4C1-46A8-8FE3-DB650AF178A4.thumb.jpeg.74c9429ec9325fc50c142a970779fd19.jpeg

Even in an era of skippable, inconsequential pay per views, tomorrow’s show is an all-time piss poor lineup. Look at the state of this.

Elimination Chamber Match: Natalya vs. Liv Morgan vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Asuka vs. Ruby Riott vs. Sarah Logan

Elimination Chamber Match: The Miz and John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos vs. Heavy Machinery vs. Lucha House Party vs. Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode

3-on-1 Handicap Match: Braun Strowman (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Cesaro and Sami Zayn

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match:The Street Profits (c) vs. Seth Rollins and Murphy

United States Championship Match: Andrade (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo

No DQ Match: Aleister Black vs. AJ Styles

Edited by Supremo