The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Big Match John announced as returning to Smackdown later this month.

I saw someone on Twitter jokingly suggest a Wrestlemania match of The Rock and Roman Reigns vs. Vin Diesel and John Cena.

I never knew I could want a match so much.

When The Rock and Vin Diesel put on a social media feud a couple of years ago, wasn’t that supposed to build to something in WWE? I don’t remember what came of it now.

7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

When The Rock and Vin Diesel put on a social media feud a couple of years ago, wasn’t that supposed to build to something in WWE? I don’t remember what came of it now.

Hobbs & Shaw

Edited by Bicurious Dad

Probably depends what happens at the Saudi show.

If the Fiend wins, I reckon we get Cena/Corbin.

If Goldberg wins, I reckon we'll get Cena/Fiend.

Whatever happens, Reigns is challenging for the Universal belt at Mania, and we're not getting Cena/Goldberg.

Edited by The King of Old School

Between the likes of Cena, Reigns, Goldberg, Wyatt and Taker I'd happily take two of those straight to the finishers, 5-10 minute brawls at the top of the WrestleMania card. They're brilliant, and a great antidote to the endless succession of matches going for that typecast workhorse classic status. Could conceivably knock 40 mins to an hour off the event as well, but I'm sure they'll find a way to fill that right back up. It just feeds into that more jobber matches, hoss battles etc thing in general. 

• Paid Members

Thought I'd start a thread on how to fix Smackdown. Then started tapping out some thoughts. Then got so depressed by the state of it, I abandoned it as an idea.

Am I wrong in foreseeing a Strowman vs. Corbin feud for the IC title. That thought was what brought on the depression.

12 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

With the Saudi Show being before Wrestlemania this time, it gives them the chance to get 2 big matches out of him. Had Saudi Showdown been happening after Wrestlemania, I doubt he’d have been in the discussion

Could he even go another few years in his current role? I know he's a comfortable cat without the business, and came back primarily for his son, but the fans are into him and it's some sweet pay to show up twice a year and kick some heads. Once you fall into that pattern it's a tough one to shake. 

It's mad to think that Lesnar's been back for nearly a decade. They've tried to push so many people in that time. It's been Shield's era, Reigns era etc. But really it's been all about Lesnar. He's been the dominant guy and yet you can't properly build the company around him because he pops in and out. 

Go and flick through the PPVs of the last eight years on the Network and his mug is on all the big ones. The amount of big showdowns he's had has been incredible. It's either one of the best runs of all time or you're having a debate about whether it even counts as a run. He'll never be on the face of Mt. Rushmore but if you drive round the back of it he must be chiselled in the centre.  

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Him coming in 1 or 2 times a year and smashing fools just emphasises that they have no stars though, other than Lesnar, Cena whose barely around anymore (and fair play to him, he’s worked out for it) and for all of Reigns upside, they tried to force rather let it happen organically. 

Goldberg coming back every now & again might be great for us and those that like the nostalgia element of him, but they’re fucked once he (and Taker and HHH and anyone else) isn’t able to do it anymore

Edited by WyattSheepMask