The Smackers Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't forget: the clocks changed last week so if you want to record Smackdown you probably need some professional help.

What a Mark. 

Rob Gronkowski's ring entrance in an empty arena was the most embarrassing and cringy thing I may have ever seen as a wrestling fan. And thats coming from somebody whose parents were in the room when

Posted Images

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, AshC said:

Surprised no promoter has ever booked Brian Lee vs Jeff Farmer.

My lottery win wish was always to book The Original Midnight Express vs. The Midnight Express vs. The New Midnight Express.

Edited by BomberPat
  • Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

My lottery win wish was always to book The Original Midnight Express vs. The Midnight Express vs. The New Midnight Express.

Back in the day (when both were fully-legged) I wanted nothing more than to have seen Samoa Joe vs. Kamala. This is 2005-era Joe at the height of his powers. I was convinced it would have been great. Still am.

• Paid Members

Big Match John announced as returning to Smackdown later this month.

I saw someone on Twitter jokingly suggest a Wrestlemania match of The Rock and Roman Reigns vs. Vin Diesel and John Cena.

I never knew I could want a match so much.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Big Match John announced as returning to Smackdown later this month.

I saw someone on Twitter jokingly suggest a Wrestlemania match of The Rock and Roman Reigns vs. Vin Diesel and John Cena.

I never knew I could want a match so much.

When The Rock and Vin Diesel put on a social media feud a couple of years ago, wasn’t that supposed to build to something in WWE? I don’t remember what came of it now.

7 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

When The Rock and Vin Diesel put on a social media feud a couple of years ago, wasn’t that supposed to build to something in WWE? I don’t remember what came of it now.

Hobbs & Shaw

Edited by Bicurious Dad

Probably depends what happens at the Saudi show.

If the Fiend wins, I reckon we get Cena/Corbin.

If Goldberg wins, I reckon we'll get Cena/Fiend.

Whatever happens, Reigns is challenging for the Universal belt at Mania, and we're not getting Cena/Goldberg.

Edited by The King of Old School

Between the likes of Cena, Reigns, Goldberg, Wyatt and Taker I'd happily take two of those straight to the finishers, 5-10 minute brawls at the top of the WrestleMania card. They're brilliant, and a great antidote to the endless succession of matches going for that typecast workhorse classic status. Could conceivably knock 40 mins to an hour off the event as well, but I'm sure they'll find a way to fill that right back up. It just feeds into that more jobber matches, hoss battles etc thing in general.