The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

7 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Doesn't Sting need surgery for his fucked neck/back from that buckle bomb before he can wrestle again? Maybe he's had it already but I don't think it's been reported if so

With Bryan and Edge both coming back there does seem to be an expectation of injured people returning these days. Although I guess Shawn would be my earliest memory of such a miraculous return.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

With Bryan and Edge both coming back there does seem to be an expectation of injured people returning these days. Although I guess Shawn would be my earliest memory of such a miraculous return.

Shawn turned to god for his miracle return from injury. Unfortunately, real estate Steve has already had his talk with the big man upstairs

22 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Doesn't Sting need surgery for his fucked neck/back from that buckle bomb before he can wrestle again? Maybe he's had it already but I don't think it's been reported if so

Was Sting ever forced to retire? I thought he just decided to call it quits after the neck injury because “I’m too old for this shit.” But pretty much the whole time (and certainly for the last year or two), he’s said he’d consider coming back for an Undertaker match.

7 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Was Sting ever forced to retire? I thought he just decided to call it quits after the neck injury because “I’m too old for this shit.” But pretty much the whole time (and certainly for the last year or two), he’s said he’d consider coming back for an Undertaker match.

Maybe, its been a while. If I remember the reports at the time, it was said that he'd have to have surgery on the problem if he wanted to wrestle again, and he wasn't that bothered so he didn't.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, AshC said:

Surprised no promoter has ever booked Brian Lee vs Jeff Farmer.

My lottery win wish was always to book The Original Midnight Express vs. The Midnight Express vs. The New Midnight Express.

Edited by BomberPat

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

My lottery win wish was always to book The Original Midnight Express vs. The Midnight Express vs. The New Midnight Express.

Back in the day (when both were fully-legged) I wanted nothing more than to have seen Samoa Joe vs. Kamala. This is 2005-era Joe at the height of his powers. I was convinced it would have been great. Still am.