Jump to content
PowerButchi

The Smackers Thread

Recommended Posts

Fiend and Reigns sounds an OK match but I dread the feud. Suppose Fiend could kill the Usos which would be mildly interesting.

It doesn't have the Mania feel though, AVM is right about that. Hadn't really considered Goldberg and Reigns but holy fuck, that makes my fanny wet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read rumours (I know I know I shouldn't) about Sting possibly coming back for one more match against The Undertaker at Mania. If that was to happen you would need a lot of smoke and mirrors for that match given the age of both, not to mention who would go over in that match.

If Bray lost to Goldberg then maybe have Bray disappear until Mania and then get involved in that match (either taking both out or them teaming to take him out during the match).

That way Sting/Undertaker don't lose (The WrestleMania moment would be the standoff anyway), Bray has something to get involved in & Goldberg faces Reigns. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if Sting's coming back, I'd put big money on that happening in Saudi Arabia rather than Wrestlemania. 

Not that they're above doing this at Wrestlemania, but Saudi shows are where they can get away with just saying, "hey, this huge match is happening" and then figure out the build after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

if Sting's coming back, I'd put big money on that happening in Saudi Arabia rather than Wrestlemania. 

Not that they're above doing this at Wrestlemania, but Saudi shows are where they can get away with just saying, "hey, this huge match is happening" and then figure out the build after the fact.

More importantly his pay day at Saudi would be much higher than at a Wrestlemania

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't Sting need surgery for his fucked neck/back from that buckle bomb before he can wrestle again? Maybe he's had it already but I don't think it's been reported if so

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Doesn't Sting need surgery for his fucked neck/back from that buckle bomb before he can wrestle again? Maybe he's had it already but I don't think it's been reported if so

 

With Bryan and Edge both coming back there does seem to be an expectation of injured people returning these days. Although I guess Shawn would be my earliest memory of such a miraculous return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

With Bryan and Edge both coming back there does seem to be an expectation of injured people returning these days. Although I guess Shawn would be my earliest memory of such a miraculous return.

Edge and Bryan aren't 50 odd though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

With Bryan and Edge both coming back there does seem to be an expectation of injured people returning these days. Although I guess Shawn would be my earliest memory of such a miraculous return.

Shawn turned to god for his miracle return from injury. Unfortunately, real estate Steve has already had his talk with the big man upstairs
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Doesn't Sting need surgery for his fucked neck/back from that buckle bomb before he can wrestle again? Maybe he's had it already but I don't think it's been reported if so

Was Sting ever forced to retire? I thought he just decided to call it quits after the neck injury because “I’m too old for this shit.” But pretty much the whole time (and certainly for the last year or two), he’s said he’d consider coming back for an Undertaker match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sting is 61 next month, whereas Edge had 10 years off from age 36 to come back at the Rumble. Sad as it is to say, I don’t think we’ll see him get that Taker match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Was Sting ever forced to retire? I thought he just decided to call it quits after the neck injury because “I’m too old for this shit.” But pretty much the whole time (and certainly for the last year or two), he’s said he’d consider coming back for an Undertaker match.

Maybe, its been a while. If I remember the reports at the time, it was said that he'd have to have surgery on the problem if he wanted to wrestle again, and he wasn't that bothered so he didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really see the issue with still making money with ‘Sting vs Taker’.

Just book a 6-Man like

Sting/Ricochet/Ali vs Taker/Kane/Aleister Black

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can still do a singles match, assuming both men can take a couple of bumps each. Epic entrances, stare down, a few moves and poses, all the attitude lads in for run-ins, finish, handshake. If it can be half as good as Sting vs HHH was, its still a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...