The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I watched it.

There's nothing on the show that's actively bad like the Lana shit on Raw (other than Bray Wyatt who will always be dross for me) but it's just the most lazy, by the numbers booking imagineable. It's every WWE trope of the past 15 years boiled down to one show.

There are some bright spots though. Miz/Morrison will be a welcome addition to the tag title scene and the Otis/Mandy stuff is enjoyable.

• Paid Members

I just think there's only so many main events involving Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler you can watch before it feels like a shitarse Groundhog Day. Other than The Usos coming back the other week, it otherwise feels like every Smackdown for the past few months has ended the exact same way, with Corbin and Ziggler beating up Roman Reigns to little to no reaction.

I watched it. Malvo's pretty much nailed it. It's just so arid, autopilot, pointless. If they've not already covertly binned all their human show writers to save money then they're even stupider than they seem on television, because a simple algorithm could come up with this stuff each week. That's not an attempt at a joke either. This is a GM sim mode running on auto with a limited cast and budget. 

Nevermind guest hosts, they ought to have guest writers. Just make something happen. 

And to pre empt the "why do you do it to yourself" question, my job more or less allows me to. And wrestling is the best possible thing to have on the second screen as I'm not going to start following some decent drama in the office. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

1 hour ago, Mat said:

So I only tend to watch WWE through YouTube highlights these days. Since when has there been a random WWE producer as a authority figure?

Who was the guy that made the Bayley/Lacey match?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Pearce

Adam Pearce, Smackdown producer and apparently a pretty nice bloke. 

The last time I remember being bamboozled by something like that was John Laurinaitis when Punk won the title in Chicago. That had a genuinely cool Montreal vibe to it, though, which they ensured to run with and hammer him into the ground as an on air figure.

I doubt the same will happen here. Seems like a nice touch of acceptable realism. A producer should be able to tell wrestlers their match is happening, right? Anything is better than random wrestlers being able to book themselves and change the format of things, which I despise. Something like that happened in the opening segment of Raw this week.