The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I'd be well up for New Day vs Miz/Morrison vs Usos in a 10-minute sprint at Mania.

Sadly I fear they'll shoehorn the dreadful tandem of Roode & Ziggler in and ruin it though.

Edited by Statto
Typo.

• Paid Members

Disappointed to find out Goldberg would be facing Wyatt. I'm not ready to watch Goldberg get beaten again just yet. If they really want to feed him to Wyatt, I'd have done it at the next Shitshow instead, and had Goldberg smash through Corbin here to give him another win first. 

24 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Disappointed to find out Goldberg would be facing Wyatt. I'm not ready to watch Goldberg get beaten again just yet. If they really want to feed him to Wyatt, I'd have done it at the next Shitshow instead, and had Goldberg smash through Corbin here to give him another win first. 

I guess some sort of non-finish is possible, although they load up the Saudi shows they don’t seem particularly bothered whether they actually deliver.

I hope they have Goldberg win. Having him face Reigns at Wrestlemania is infinitely more interesting than Reigns/Wyatt, which will almost certainly be shat on by the live crowd.

8 hours ago, RedRooster said:

I hope they have Goldberg win. Having him face Reigns at Wrestlemania is infinitely more interesting than Reigns/Wyatt, which will almost certainly be shat on by the live crowd.

As opposed to Reigns vs Goldberg which will certainly be positively received by the crowd.

1 minute ago, Slapnut said:

As opposed to Reigns vs Goldberg which will certainly be positively received by the crowd.

I think it has a better chance of that, yeah. I don’t think fans will reject Goldberg, and if they keep the match short as I’d expect it could end up being a lot of fun. I actually think this is a match people would want to see, unlike Reigns/Fiend.

Would the fans boo the fuck out of Reigns? Probably. But they’d almost certainly get behind Goldberg and I think this has a much better chance of not getting shat on by the fans.

• Paid Members

When I saw that Fiend vs. Goldberg was rumoured, I'd assumed it was bollocks, as leaked match graphics had already circulated for Fiend/Kane before Kane returned to TV, and that seemed to be the direction they were going. I now worry that were in a situation where we end up with The Fiend vs. Kane at Wrestlemania instead.

I had assumed we were getting Roman Reigns winning the Rumble to challenge The Fiend at Wrestlemania - there's still time to get there through other means, but it doesn't look nearly as set in stone as I thought it did.

Short of a fuck finish, I can't see The Fiend going over Goldberg. Is someone as protective of his reputation, and as selective as to how and when he takes a booking, as Goldberg going to do the "passes out in a Mandible Claw" finish? I just don't see it. Maybe they've realised The Fiend is a bit of a wash-out, and they want a bigger title match for the big show. I was only saying recently that there doesn't seem to be a spot for the part-timers at Wrestlemania this year, and that maybe they're pivoting away from that and just having them do their thing at Saudi Arabia. But maybe we get Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns. Or Goldberg vs. just about anyone, quite frankly.

Fiend dropping the belt, beating Kane at the February PPV to get his heat back, and moving on to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania? Meanwhile Goldberg fights Roman Reigns? Or is there a means for Triple H to crowbar his way into this?

I reckon we’re definitely getting Reigns v Goldberg at Wrestlemania. Reigns needs a big match after having an underwhelming match last year coming off his return, part of me wishes they’d kept him off TV and had him return after Wrestlemania. Fiend drops the title at Saudi Showdown, Reigns wins the Elimination Chamber then you’ve got 4 Smackdowns before Mania

I'm going to Mania and I'd quite like Reigns vs. Goldberg. Reigns vs. Fiend could just as well be main event of No Mercy as it could be Mania main event. 

I'd like Golderg/Reigns and Taker/Fiend as big name, big spectacle attracttion then further down you have the spotfest matches. Reigns/Fiend and McIntyre/Lesnar are fun but they don't scream Mania to me.

• Paid Members

Fiend and Reigns sounds an OK match but I dread the feud. Suppose Fiend could kill the Usos which would be mildly interesting.

It doesn't have the Mania feel though, AVM is right about that. Hadn't really considered Goldberg and Reigns but holy fuck, that makes my fanny wet.

I read rumours (I know I know I shouldn't) about Sting possibly coming back for one more match against The Undertaker at Mania. If that was to happen you would need a lot of smoke and mirrors for that match given the age of both, not to mention who would go over in that match.

If Bray lost to Goldberg then maybe have Bray disappear until Mania and then get involved in that match (either taking both out or them teaming to take him out during the match).

That way Sting/Undertaker don't lose (The WrestleMania moment would be the standoff anyway), Bray has something to get involved in & Goldberg faces Reigns. 

• Paid Members

if Sting's coming back, I'd put big money on that happening in Saudi Arabia rather than Wrestlemania. 

Not that they're above doing this at Wrestlemania, but Saudi shows are where they can get away with just saying, "hey, this huge match is happening" and then figure out the build after the fact.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

if Sting's coming back, I'd put big money on that happening in Saudi Arabia rather than Wrestlemania. 

Not that they're above doing this at Wrestlemania, but Saudi shows are where they can get away with just saying, "hey, this huge match is happening" and then figure out the build after the fact.

More importantly his pay day at Saudi would be much higher than at a Wrestlemania