Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've just had a Mandela Effect moment. I could've sworn Morrison did come up with a new, better finisher in his last year or so in the WWE, but I can't find any evidence of it - which is probably why I couldn't remember what it was.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I want to know who the glasses that ended up in the ring when Bryan "ripped out the Fiend's dreadlocks" belonged to.

  • Paid Members
Posted
40 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

I've just had a Mandela Effect moment. I could've sworn Morrison did come up with a new, better finisher in his last year or so in the WWE, but I can't find any evidence of it - which is probably why I couldn't remember what it was.

He was doing the 'Flying Chuck Kick' a lot during that last run basically a springboard roundhouse kick off the ropes. 

Posted
39 minutes ago, Statto said:

I want to know who the glasses that ended up in the ring when Bryan "ripped out the Fiend's dreadlocks" belonged to.

Yes! How on earth did that happen? I was already wondering why Kane had blood running down his face, but presumably he'd just sweated some of his eye makeup off. The glasses definitely confused me.

  • Paid Members
Posted

The most likely explanation in my mind is that there had to have been at least one production person under the ring too, to operate the dry ice machine and/or hand Bryan the fake dreadlocks, and that in the chaos/rush their specs got caught in the bundle of fake hair and got pulled up into the ring too.

At least, that's the explanation I like best.

Posted

I'm liking the Otis/Mandy stuff atm but was thinking about what it reminded me of, then it hit me, it's near enough a total redo of the Sunny/Phineas Godwinn angle from 96 complete with Tucker playing the role of Henry Godwinn in trying to snap the lovable goof out of his infatuation. The only differences are that Mandy has actually been wrestling, has a friend in Sonya and Heavy Machinery aren't chasing tag titles

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think I got through the entire show in about fifteen minutes. A new record.

I’m completely convinced they know how toxic all this Corbin/Roman/Ziggler shit is, which is why they decided to end the show with something else and got it out of the way as soon as possible.

Considering the time of year, it’s insane how cold Smackdown feels. Worse still, I can’t see anything on the horizon that’s going to change that.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted

Michael Cole announcing being thrown over the crowd barricade as being thrown into the WWE Universe is just the worst.

Elias being used for a 10 minute singing segment every week just tells me how shit creative are right now. At least his match was ok.

at least the closing segment was fun. But I did laugh at Cole escaping before the Fiend came out

Posted
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I think I got through the entire show in about fifteen minutes. A new record.

I’m completely convinced they know how toxic all this Corbin/Roman/Ziggler shit is, which is why they decided to end the show with something else and got it out of the way as soon as possible.

Considering the time of year, it’s insane how cold Smackdown feels. Worse still, I can’t see anything on the horizon that’s going to change that.

In an ideal world, it would be Vince being distracted enough by the XFL that he’s not all ever-present, allowing the Smackdown crew to try different things.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, uklaw said:

In an ideal world, it would be Vince being distracted enough by the XFL that he’s not all ever-present, allowing the Smackdown crew to try different things.

Still be Bruce Pritchard writing and he's a bag of shite.

Posted

I thought that they were calling it "Super Smackdown" because they were doing a cross-brand show, like when Raw became "Raw Supershow". Turns out it was a one-off weak tie-in to the Superbowl this weekend, with literally no discernible change to the show to make it "Super".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...