The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

They had it right at Summerslam. It died the moment Seth kicked out of the Sister Abigail at HITC. That's when it turned for the worse. From that moment on it was same old spooky, hacky, cartoon villain Bray Wyatt, in a mask, who has shit, miserable, tedious matches and feuds that do nothing but drag his opponents down. The red light and no-selling are the cherry on top of the Bray shit sundae. Daniel Bryan is salvaging it for now. He's where Becky Lynch was at waaay back in March, where it's clear that what hooked people onto the original character had been ruined by sheer tone-deafness, but there's still enough momentum and goodwill behind it to keep it going. He'll cool off even quicker if he's on TV every week.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Trying to think where they can go with the Smackdown women’s division, I quite like the idea of Bayley eventually realising that Sasha is corrupting her, leading to a Wrestlemania bout between the two where they try and recapture the magic of Takeover Brooklyn. Maybe have Sasha turn on her at Elimination Chamber or something, leading to the return of the old Bayley. 

35 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Trying to think where they can go with the Smackdown women’s division, I quite like the idea of Bayley eventually realising that Sasha is corrupting her, leading to a Wrestlemania bout between the two where they try and recapture the magic of Takeover Brooklyn. Maybe have Sasha turn on her at Elimination Chamber or something, leading to the return of the old Bayley. 

Considering who else they've got on the roster, it seems like it has to be Bayley vs Sasha. I feel like they both turned too recently and did nothing since for a babyface turn for either one of them to seem like a big deal.

My vote is Nikki Cross wins the title and SmackDown doesn't have a women's singles match at WrestleMania.

10 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

Considering who else they've got on the roster, it seems like it has to be Bayley vs Sasha. I feel like they both turned too recently and did nothing since for a babyface turn for either one of them to seem like a big deal.

My vote is Nikki Cross wins the title and SmackDown doesn't have a women's singles match at WrestleMania.

The cantankerous bastard in me always hopes we get them going back to an 8 man "diva" match that lasts 5 minutes at mania just to see the internet rage, even better if it gets cut or a returning Bella gets the pinfall on Becky! 

• Paid Members

Bloody hell.

For as much flack as Paul Heyman might get for constantly booking cuckhold storylines, Bruce Prichard has clearly got some type of obsession with co-workers, "crossing the line," by mentioning family members. That was this entire show!

Bray Wyatt and the Miz feud over the fact that Bray Wyatt mentioned Miz's family and showed a photograph of them.

Elias and Drake Maverick have a fight because Elias mentioned Drake's wife in a song.

Roman Reigns wants revenge on Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler for mentioning his family last week.

Sasha Banks and Lacey Evans end up fighting because Sasha mentions Lacey's daughter.

A billion dollars. FOX have been ripped off badly.

Is Elias the baddie in the Drake Maverick storyline, or is it still “lol Drake’s a little goof”? I really can’t tell. And either way, if Drake’s prominently doing the short guy gimmick, that’s Gable relegated back to nothingness. 

Like Supremo points out, way too many repeated themes there with the family stuff. AEW gets criticised for not being produced enough to avoid lots of repetition, but WWE is very guilty of the same thing.